Author Topic: General/Random Discussion and Thoughts (TV & Sports)  (Read 172580 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Re: General/Random Discussion and Thoughts (TV & Sports)
« Reply #220 on: September 09, 2010, 03:24:58 PM »
I think I'm done with TV for a while. I think I'm gonna go back to watching TV on DVD when I have the free time as opposed to carving out time for TV every week.

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #221 on: September 09, 2010, 03:49:25 PM »
I think I'm done with TV for a while. I think I'm gonna go back to watching TV on DVD when I have the free time as opposed to carving out time for TV every week.

Who needs TV when you have the internet.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #222 on: September 09, 2010, 04:14:35 PM »
I don't believe in torrenting and streaming TV after the fact is one of the most frustrating things on the internet.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #223 on: September 09, 2010, 05:33:37 PM »
I don't believe in torrenting

But it's your friend!

Fugee

• Elite Member
« Reply #224 on: September 09, 2010, 06:11:15 PM »
With the impending departure of Michael Scott The Office should not be pursuing Harvey Keitel for the replacement boss; instead, they should take a The Thick of It approach and have a new boss take over the Scranton Branch each season. 1SO, pitch it! Beat Armando before The Thick of It adaptation hits the shores! Undercut the market!

Or they could just stop filming The Office and do a Pam+Jim spinoff show since that seems to be the only thing it's about anymore.

Edit: Maybe I'm just too bitter. Perhaps a new boss every year would refresh the show!

They had a couple of episodes focused on Pam & Jim last year, no different than any other seasons, so I don't get this often cited criticism.

Well, I feel like there was nearly an entire season dedicated to their whole relationship leading up to their marriage, and though it is perhaps less about them at times, I always got the feeling they were dedicating a certain amount of minutes each episode to the couple. Then again, maybe it just got less funny and I'm using this as a way to account for that fact.

Monty

• Elite Member
  • "There is only one ball, so you need to have it."
    • TheMontyTweets
« Reply #225 on: September 21, 2010, 01:57:38 AM »
The new Fall schedule is about to start in the US. As a Brit what are the new shows I should be looking out for.

"And then it just becomes an industry of...cool."

sdedalus

• Objectively Awesome
  • I have a prestigious blog, sir!
    • The End of Cinema
« Reply #226 on: September 21, 2010, 02:16:17 AM »
You mean other than Boardwalk Empire?

No idea.
The End of Cinema

Seattle Screen Scene

"He was some kind of a man. What does it matter what you say about people?"

michael x

• Elite Member
« Reply #227 on: September 21, 2010, 02:21:35 AM »
The pilot for Lone Star got an "A" at AV Club. Didn't see it myself, so I can't comment.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #228 on: September 21, 2010, 08:15:34 AM »
The new Fall schedule is about to start in the US. As a Brit what are the new shows I should be looking out for.

Nothing sounds interesting to me, and that includes Boardwalk Empire, because anything done by Scorsese post-Goodfellas isn't worth much effort in seeing. Wait for it o DVD, that's what I'm doing, and none of the other shows sound all that interesting to be honest.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #229 on: September 21, 2010, 09:12:38 AM »

Nothing sounds interesting to me, and that includes Boardwalk Empire, because anything done by Scorsese post-Goodfellas isn't worth much effort in seeing. Wait for it o DVD, that's what I'm doing, and none of the other shows sound all that interesting to be honest.

Scorcese is just executive producer. Terrence Winter is responsible for writing some of the best episodes of The Sopranos.

love