love

Author Topic: General/Random Discussion and Thoughts (TV & Sports)  (Read 172629 times)

shuabert

• Elite Member
    • Caveat Lector (Personal Tumblr)
Re: General/Random Discussion and Thoughts (TV & Sports)
« Reply #800 on: February 02, 2012, 11:11:44 PM »

Oh yeah, and I also finished the fourth episode of Mad Men, which continues to be pretty great. Such great character building so far. Still get taken out of the world each time I see Cole Phelps in a shot.

You should have watched  Mad Men first.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #801 on: February 02, 2012, 11:22:44 PM »
No Community? Okay, I'll be over here watching movies.

StudentOFilm

• Elite Member
« Reply #802 on: February 02, 2012, 11:26:51 PM »
Showtime's Sunday shows have all been renewed- Shameless, House of Lies, and Californication.
"Be yourself, unless you suck."- Joss Whedon

My Switchboard

Katebo

• Elite Member
  • Shiny!
    • Sound on Sight TV
« Reply #803 on: February 03, 2012, 12:26:29 AM »
Is anyone watching The Vampire Diaries? I just caught up with it and am finding it a lot of fun, but I'm having trouble finding anybody else who's watching.

shuabert

• Elite Member
    • Caveat Lector (Personal Tumblr)
« Reply #804 on: February 03, 2012, 12:40:35 AM »
Is anyone watching The Vampire Diaries? I just caught up with it and am finding it a lot of fun, but I'm having trouble finding anybody else who's watching.

It's in the queue.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #805 on: February 03, 2012, 08:09:27 AM »
And Archer tonight was incredible.

More to the point, when is it not?

I agree, and think alongside Todd Margaret (#TeamMargaret), that it's the funniest show/best comedy on the old picture box. I was struck by how great, even compared to the other episodes, though especially the other season 3 episodes, it was last night.

Also, Delocated was fantastic. I think the 30 minute format will work really well for that show.

Showtime's Sunday shows have all been renewed- Shameless, House of Lies, and Californication.

I have enjoyed House of Lies, at times, so far. Jean Ralphio needs more work, so I can support this choice.

Oh yeah, and I also finished the fourth episode of Mad Men, which continues to be pretty great. Such great character building so far. Still get taken out of the world each time I see Cole Phelps in a shot.

You should have watched  Mad Men first.

Eh, watched Community before and Brie hasn't taken me out yet, though I reckon she only has been in one episode so far, certainly not in the same way Detective Cole Phelps has (also, though I am loving Mad Men so far, LA Noire is better). Even seeing Brie first on Hannah Montana, it never took me out of Community or MM.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #806 on: February 03, 2012, 02:07:33 PM »
And Archer tonight was incredible.

More to the point, when is it not?

I agree, and think alongside Todd Margaret (#TeamMargaret), that it's the funniest show/best comedy on the old picture box. I was struck by how great, even compared to the other episodes, though especially the other season 3 episodes, it was last night.

Also, Delocated was fantastic. I think the 30 minute format will work really well for that show.

Season 2 was 30 min. so it's already been proven that the longer format works well for the show.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #807 on: February 03, 2012, 02:41:21 PM »
That's right, not sure why I thought season 2 was still 15. [as] instincts, I reckon.

StudentOFilm

• Elite Member
« Reply #808 on: February 05, 2012, 11:33:38 AM »
Announced earlier this week that Sons of Anarchy will definitely conclude with season six (season 5 begins this fall).

My Switchboard

StudentOFilm

• Elite Member
« Reply #809 on: February 05, 2012, 10:13:32 PM »
Super Bowl/commercial Facebook statuses from my friends. Apologize for any drunken insensitivity

"Though I'm all about the Ferris Bueler referances, I'm concerned that they let Matthew Broderick behind a wheel again."

"I too used to have a private system of ziplines in the City. Leno stole that too."

"Evidently, if a creepy Hobbit dumps sparkly stuff on you, Motley Crue and all that is man will become reality. Yes. Make it happen, Frodo"

"If the Giants win, I will watch Chuck Norris Karate Kommandos to honor their victory. Also, nachos."

"Does anyone know what channel the Super Bowl moved to? Apparently someone hijacked the broadcast and a creature of some sort is singing on a stage of men in togas."

My Switchboard