Author Topic: General/Random Discussion and Thoughts (TV & Sports)  (Read 172692 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Re: General/Random Discussion and Thoughts (TV & Sports)
« Reply #820 on: February 21, 2012, 03:13:15 PM »
Oh happy days!

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #821 on: February 21, 2012, 09:04:32 PM »
Unfortunately Parks is going on another month long hiatus. Shit is weak.

Verite

• Elite Member
  • Maybach School of Film Studies
« Reply #823 on: March 16, 2012, 01:01:42 PM »
Great read.  F*ck, this might've derailed my meticulously set up movie/tv watching queue:
The Family Hour: An Oral History of The Sopranos
"When in doubt, seduce."
                   -Elaine May

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #824 on: March 26, 2012, 12:37:47 PM »
As a companion piece  to last night's Mad Men this piece that uses NSFW language (and possibly photographs if you don't want to see Megan do that cleaning thing in her undergarments) is a great article that asks all the 'hard hitting questions' about the Maddest of Men.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #825 on: March 30, 2012, 02:08:43 PM »
Not having PBS kind of sucks. I was reading some AV Club interview with that lady from The X-Files. Apparently she's going to be in an adaptation of Great Expectations that I won't be able to watch. It airs this Sunday and next Sunday. Not sure if it's a two part thing, though I guess it is. Whatever, I can't see it anyhow.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #826 on: April 01, 2012, 09:19:09 AM »
As is usual yearly tradition, FLY was completely boned by [adultswim] [via April Fool's Day]. Usually they have just been showing favorite motion picture The Room, and apparently that's how they started shit last night. I don't know, I went to sleep at 11 because I forgot it was April Fool's Day today and I was super tired. Either way, turned out they pulled a complete switch-a-roo and actually aired a rebooted version of Toonami.

Now I don't know how many people know of/remember Toonami, but at one point in time it was pretty much 'the shit'. They slightly re-did TOM again, and they even brought back the voice actor, Steve Blum, to do the voice work for new bumps, introductions, and even a review of video game Mass Effect 3, which FLY is slowly playing when he can, but won't have time to finish before they CINECAST! up the ending, I guess, so I'll have to do the thing where I don't download the update and just play that shit offline because I want to experience it the way the artists intended not the way that some internet jokers feel they deserve because it didn't jive with their vision. The series sucks anyway, who cares if the ending didn't leave you completely satisfied? If you want to be an artist, be an artist, but critique other artists with actual facts, not feelings. Emotions have no place in valid, worthwhile conversation.

Anyway...missing this shit kind of pissed me off. They even aired an episode of Tenchi Muyo!! I need to buy that shit on DVD. Other shows they aired last night include Dragon Ball Z, Big O, Trigun, Blue Submarine #6, and Yu Yu Hakusho. [adultswim] constantly catches fire for showing poor anime, and it may be worthwhile for them to make this a permanent thing before they either acquire better properties or simply ditch anime entirely as they have threatened in the past.

We shall see. I'll post more later probably. Still upset I missed this.

Verite

• Elite Member
  • Maybach School of Film Studies
« Reply #827 on: April 10, 2012, 08:33:20 PM »
Perfectly blending the stylized postapocalyptic look and feel of Mad Max with the teen angst of Degrassi, New Zealand’s The Tribe is one of the most remarkable series to ever hit the airwaves.

Hmmm. flieger? Anyone watched it?
"When in doubt, seduce."
                   -Elaine May

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #828 on: April 16, 2012, 08:02:26 PM »
Now I still have a ton of catching up to do since I mostly missed the entirety of the first season, but I'm thinking about placing Check It Out up there among best comedies on TV.

I guess my top five would go a little something like this now that Eastbound is done:

1. Archer
2. Parks and Rec
3. Check It Out
4. Louie
5. Community

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #829 on: April 16, 2012, 08:06:32 PM »
Only missing Adventure Time.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

love