Author Topic: General/Random Discussion and Thoughts (TV & Sports)  (Read 172604 times)

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
Re: General/Random Discussion and Thoughts (TV & Sports)
« Reply #870 on: May 10, 2012, 06:28:07 PM »
Spaced is great, if ugly.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

AAAutin

• Elite Member
« Reply #871 on: May 10, 2012, 08:23:01 PM »
I'm Alan Partridge, Series 1
Coogan =

Have you seen KNOWING ME, KNOWING YOU? (It's great.)

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
« Reply #872 on: May 10, 2012, 10:28:10 PM »
Spaced, 1.1-1.2
Borderline unwatchable.

Word.

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #873 on: May 11, 2012, 09:09:53 AM »
Coogan =
Not yet.

Though I hope you do see episode 6 and the ending of episode 3, I definitely won't begrudge you for not continuing past epi 2.  As a whole, I don't consider the series must-see.
I might give it another shot or two. I guess my biggest problem isn't that's it's terrible to look at, it's that I didn't think it was funny.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #874 on: May 11, 2012, 11:43:19 AM »
Coogan =
Not yet.

Coogan can do no wrong in my book. The Steve Coogan Collection with most of his shows is one of the best DVDs I own. Saxondale is also well worth your time. I got the Alan Partridge audiobook, I, Partridge: We Need To Talk About Alan recently and can't wait to listen.

Verite

• Elite Member
  • Maybach School of Film Studies
« Reply #875 on: May 11, 2012, 04:14:09 PM »
I guess my biggest problem isn't that's it's terrible to look at, it's that I didn't think it was funny.

Neither did I for a while.  The geek/nerd stuff wasn't what made me laugh, though.  It was other stuff.
"When in doubt, seduce."
                   -Elaine May

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #876 on: May 11, 2012, 06:53:27 PM »
I think we all should just take some time to appreciate that Whitney will be back for a second season [via 2 Broke vibes]

StudentOFilm

• Elite Member
« Reply #877 on: May 13, 2012, 01:16:59 AM »
Only new network shows that caught my eye were- Hannibal, Revolution, The Following, Last Resort, and Arrow (because I'm Green Arrow-obsessed). I'll check out those pilots.
"Be yourself, unless you suck."- Joss Whedon

My Switchboard

StudentOFilm

• Elite Member
« Reply #878 on: May 13, 2012, 05:16:15 PM »
Only new network shows that caught my eye were- Hannibal, Revolution, The Following, Last Resort, and Arrow (because I'm Green Arrow-obsessed). I'll check out those pilots.

I can add Elementary and Vegas to the list.
"Be yourself, unless you suck."- Joss Whedon

My Switchboard

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #879 on: May 17, 2012, 07:36:42 PM »
Big CINECAST!ing news in the world of TV today.

First up is that, after a successful April 1st on [as] that I totally effing missed, the Toonami brand is coming back for the first (second, I guess) time on [as]. This begins on May 26th, theoretically at midnight, which would technically be May 27th on the East Coast time. Either way, it's CINECAST!ing dank if they show some mother CINECAST!ing Tenchi (preferably Universe, but I'll take what I get).

Next up in the world of [as] is the news that excellent animated program The Boondocks is coming back for a fourth season after what has probably been a 3-5 year break. So that's CINECAST!ing dank because that show is super dank. No date, but whatevs, it's CINECAST!ing happening!

Presumably after Aqua Teen Hunger Force spinoff Aqua Unit Patrol Squad 1 effing tanked (in actuality it was also CINECAST!ing DANK as it always is), a second attempt at a spinoff series is happening at some point in June. This new program will be called Aqua Something You Know Whatever and will hopefully have a new theme song. I'm not sure when the date is, all I have is the tagline: [ It's The Same Exact Show As It's Never Been Before Only Just Like It Used To Be But Now Different. ].

In non-TV news, but still [as] news, pick up/listen to on Spotify the new Killer Mike album produced by El-P and titled R.A.P Music. It's out now on Williams Street Records and, in a year packed with great hip hop, it might be the dankest of the dank (it's not, but it's still super dank).

And, not really news but more of a reminder, new Abso-Lutely program The Eric Andre Show starts up this Sunday on [as] at 12:30 EST following a new (presumably continuation of last week's brief cliff-hanger) episode of Metalocalypse at 12:15. I'm not sure if it will be super dank or not, I need to learn to like T&EASGJ, but I don't think they are going to be on this one anyway. I loved season 2 of CIO!WDSB though, so hopefully TEAS follows in that tradition of making Sundays still be the effing dankest night on television because I watch GoT and then MM and then just wait for M and now TEAS before catching a re-run of season 2 of CIO!WDSB and then wake up and watch V and G in that order since that's how they air after GoT and it doesn't matter which one is better that's how it's meant to tonally slide in.

So yeah, big CINECAST!ing (dank) day!

love