Author Topic: General/Random Discussion and Thoughts (TV & Sports)  (Read 172676 times)

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
Re: General/Random Discussion and Thoughts (TV & Sports)
« Reply #1350 on: March 29, 2015, 09:43:58 AM »
Started watching Garfunkel and Oates, which was just added to Netflix Instant. Really enjoying it.

goodguy

• Elite Member
  • Colleen West was here.
« Reply #1351 on: March 29, 2015, 01:19:08 PM »
Produced by Platinum Dunes... ::)

Yeah, "produced by Michael Bay" and running on Starz were the main reasons I didn't pay attention to it earlier. Don't make the same mistake.  :)

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #1352 on: March 29, 2015, 08:48:20 PM »
Started watching Garfunkel and Oates, which was just added to Netflix Instant. Really enjoying it.

Quite, the season is pretty funny
"What do you want me to do draw you a picture?! Spell it out?! Don't ever ask me, as long as you live don't ever ask me more!"

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1353 on: May 10, 2015, 02:05:09 AM »
So it looks like the annual crushing of Canadian hopes vis a vis the Stanley Cup is well under way. Also, no NHL thread so I guess the forum isn't too big on that? And yet people watch basketball.

*continues only watching soccer and roller derby*

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #1354 on: May 10, 2015, 05:52:17 AM »
So it looks like the annual crushing of Canadian hopes vis a vis the Stanley Cup is well under way. Also, no NHL thread so I guess the forum isn't too big on that? And yet people watch basketball.

*continues only watching soccer and roller derby*

Does anybody subscribe to services like NHL or NFL live?  I am thinking of subscribing in the next season but due to the game timings, I really can't watch them live.  But if they give me access to watch the games the following day or two then I will consider it since it is quite easy for me not to know any scores unless I make an effort to check
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Monty

• Elite Member
  • "There is only one ball, so you need to have it."
    • TheMontyTweets
« Reply #1355 on: May 10, 2015, 08:09:42 AM »
Does anybody subscribe to services like NHL or NFL live?  I am thinking of subscribing in the next season but due to the game timings, I really can't watch them live.  But if they give me access to watch the games the following day or two then I will consider it since it is quite easy for me not to know any scores unless I make an effort to check

If the NHL or NFL is anything like football, I'm sure there are plenty of forums or sites where you can watch the games at your leisure.  Cough, cough torrents.

Yesterday due to silly UK restrictions, No live football to be shown on Saturdays between 2.45pm and 5.15pm. I watched the first fifteen minutes of the Barca game on a live stream on the laptop cast to the TV :)

Google Chrome actually has an extension for streaming of live football matches.

"And then it just becomes an industry of...cool."

verbALs

• Godfather
  • Snort Life-DOR
« Reply #1356 on: May 10, 2015, 08:40:15 AM »
The silly restriction that means the club closest to me had a home attendance of over 11,000 last month. That's a club playing non-league football; the 5th tier of the English game. Average attendance close to 7,000.

Those big attendances mean that televised games shown around the world benefit from incredible atmosphere instead of being played in polite silence. Something worth preserving. Time for that incredible live support to be helped by that incredible injection of money from televised deals by ticket prices being lowered.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 08:44:26 AM by verbALs »
I used to encourage everyone I knew to make art; I don't do that so much anymore. - Banksy

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #1358 on: May 10, 2015, 09:02:10 PM »

If the NHL or NFL is anything like football, I'm sure there are plenty of forums or sites where you can watch the games at your leisure.  Cough, cough torrents.

Yesterday due to silly UK restrictions, No live football to be shown on Saturdays between 2.45pm and 5.15pm. I watched the first fifteen minutes of the Barca game on a live stream on the laptop cast to the TV :)

Google Chrome actually has an extension for streaming of live football matches.

I think the NFL is extremely protective of this so not sure there is a lot to find.  Ideally though, I would like you to get home from work on Monday and be able to play the games (NFL) that happened Sunday without doing the prereq of finding and retrieving them.  That is usually my one day where I have a good chance to be able to watch and enjoy.  Tuesday and Thursdays are conference call nights, Wednesday is a mid-week after work drink catchup with a friend. 
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Totoro

« Reply #1359 on: June 09, 2015, 02:28:41 AM »
TOGETHERNESS - is it good? I'm going to give it a shot.

love