Author Topic: General/Random Discussion and Thoughts (TV & Sports)  (Read 172608 times)

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
Re: General/Random Discussion and Thoughts (TV & Sports)
« Reply #1610 on: October 29, 2018, 07:33:29 PM »
I tell myself this every year, but really, this time I mean it. I am done ordering NFL Prime so I can watch football over here. 
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1611 on: December 11, 2018, 11:08:26 PM »
I have a mad crush on Mrs Maisel...
Hey, nice marmot!

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #1612 on: February 04, 2019, 12:28:44 AM »
Well, that was technically a football game.

I feel like this entire evening from the game to the commercials and the half-time show was programmed by Skynet.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #1613 on: February 04, 2019, 01:05:20 AM »
It was kind of like Mayweather/Pacquiao when it finally happened. You watched one of the best to ever do it, do it again. But it was also pretty boring.

I'm embracing it because it's feels rare to be alive at a time where the best ever, in a sport you enjoy, is not only still active, but continuing to do amazing things. Brady, Belichick and the Patriots generally. I feel like 20 years from now people will look back with more undisputed aww towards this dynasty than they do now. I'm trying to take it all in and remember it now. I wasn't around to enjoy Ali or Tyson, or Orr or much of Gretzky... but I'm alive for this and it's insane. :)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #1614 on: March 17, 2019, 05:56:36 PM »
Way more Jeffrey Tambor in the back half of this AD Season 5 than I expected. Did something change?

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #1615 on: April 01, 2019, 06:00:13 PM »
Barry is back for a second season and is now my favorite show on TV. It’s like super duper good.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #1616 on: April 01, 2019, 09:00:21 PM »
It was definitely a great start to the season, though there was a lot of catching up in the first episode. Veep, which should have felt that way, kind of hit the ground running. Heck of a 1-2 punch, like when Veep and Silicon were back to back. Not sure Veep ever paired with HBO's Girls. Can't wait for the rest of the season for either though.

Watching this first episode of Twilight Zone now, the first episode seems to be free on Amazon. Once it all hits I'll pop my free trial of CBS All Access. Not sure there's anything else I'll watch on there. Also, glad they offered this episode and not the Adam Scott one. I love him, but if it's a remake of that stupid airplane gremlin episode, I don't really feel like I need to see it. Maybe the original is due for a rewatch, but I got big in to the original series as a kid, ended up buying a  bunch of the seasons on DVD, and always thought that episode was bad.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #1617 on: April 29, 2019, 06:12:24 PM »
Last night’s Barry was a better Tarantino-esque fever dream than Game of Thrones’ take on the overtly long Peter Jackson battle scene.. oh, and it was lit better.

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #1618 on: May 28, 2019, 08:49:39 PM »
I’m trying to decide what to watch after I finish True Detective season 3. So far my options are finally starting The Leftovers, The Man In The High Castle season 3 or Chernobyl. Any opinions?

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #1619 on: May 28, 2019, 08:54:03 PM »
Chernobyl is really good, but I'll be damned if there's a better show than The Leftovers.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

love