love

Author Topic: General/Random Discussion and Thoughts (TV & Sports)  (Read 172660 times)

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
Re: General/Random Discussion and Thoughts (TV & Sports)
« Reply #1690 on: September 29, 2020, 04:56:08 PM »
I feel like if you can't remember David Thewlis straight away then you didn't see it.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1691 on: September 29, 2020, 07:04:23 PM »
I remembered zero about the plot but upon watching 15 minutes of the first episode I definitely watched it. I mainly remembered Mary Elizabeth Winstead. I'd say at least 80% of what I watch completely vanishes within 6 months. Not sure if that says bad things about my brain or bad things about how much stuff I watch.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1692 on: October 21, 2020, 10:40:50 PM »
I don't consistently sit down and watch all of it but I'm delighted but how wholesome and positive The Great British Baking Show is. It's less about drumming up drama and creating false suspense and more about interesting technical and creative challenges. It gives out good vibes and gets someone who isn't that big of a foodie into watching people cook.

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #1693 on: November 12, 2020, 05:22:51 AM »
Can anyone recommend a tv show or Youtube series about various restaurants around the world? Sort of like The Chef Show when they visit other peoples places. I like seeing the ins and outs of restaurants. I just stumbled on the Eater youtube page and their Mise En Place series and I'm enjoying it.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #1694 on: November 12, 2020, 05:54:13 AM »
Street food on Netflix is good to see various south east Asia foods with a nice story around the stall. Wanton Mee is a melding of fiction and documentary that highlights some of Singapore's food stories.
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #1695 on: November 12, 2020, 06:23:36 AM »
Street food on Netflix is good to see various south east Asia foods with a nice story around the stall. Wanton Mee is a melding of fiction and documentary that highlights some of Singapore's food stories.

I've seen some of those recently. I enjoyed them too!

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #1696 on: November 12, 2020, 11:53:22 AM »
Somebody Feed Phil on Netflix is an utter delight.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #1697 on: November 12, 2020, 12:10:37 PM »
Just did basically a one day binge on Apple TV+'s Ted Lasso. It's a fantastic, nice show with a slight edge. Funny and touching, and even makes Jason Sudekis (who I haven't liked since he left SNL) a warm and welcoming presence. And it's a pretty good sports story too. Can't wait for season 2.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1698 on: November 12, 2020, 01:34:04 PM »
Can confirm...a show that loves even its least lovable characters. Either an essential message for our times or an awful one, I’m not sure.

Fargo is going well enough, though I don’t have a huge attachment to the story. But the show has done a great job of creating characters and having them performed greatly.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #1699 on: November 25, 2020, 04:24:09 PM »
Both teams to score and Bayern to win continues to be pretty much easy money every time.

love