Author Topic: 2009 Awards That Are Not Filmspots.  (Read 26390 times)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: 2009 Awards That Are Not Filmspots.
« Reply #580 on: March 08, 2010, 04:20:34 PM »
 It gets back to the sacredness of the "art" of filmmaking which really just doesn't exist in Hollywood.

I don't exactly agree with this, either.

And there seems to be people Weinstein leaves alone, like Tarantino. Though when Weinstein is able to cut a Scorsese film, that does say something.

I've never bought into that as QT likes to self-mythologize, so when he says "it wasn't harvey's decision" (which he's done very often) I tend to doubt the truthiness of the statement.

Wasn't the theatrical cut of Inglorious Basterds Harvey's decision? I recall that during the Cannes premiere it received mixed reviews and was a bit, perhaps considerably, longer. Correct?

Holly Harry

• Elite Member
  • Bite my shiny metal...Well, you know.
Re: 2009 Awards That Are Not Filmspots.
« Reply #581 on: March 08, 2010, 04:25:10 PM »
 It gets back to the sacredness of the "art" of filmmaking which really just doesn't exist in Hollywood.

I don't exactly agree with this, either.

And there seems to be people Weinstein leaves alone, like Tarantino. Though when Weinstein is able to cut a Scorsese film, that does say something.

I've never bought into that as QT likes to self-mythologize, so when he says "it wasn't harvey's decision" (which he's done very often) I tend to doubt the truthiness of the statement.

Wasn't the theatrical cut of Inglorious Basterds Harvey's decision? I recall that during the Cannes premiere it received mixed reviews and was a bit, perhaps considerably, longer. Correct?

Apprently, according to the critics who were at Cannes, the cuts are nearly identical, except for a shot scene added to the film where Fassbender meets the Basterds in a basement. And that was apparently Tarantino's decision. I feel like if Tarantino didn't get his way, he wouldn't be working with Weinstein still after all these years.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 04:52:10 PM by Holly Harry »
"Political questions, if you go back thousands of years, are ephemeral, not important. History is the same thing over and over again."-Woody Allen.