love

Author Topic: 2009 Awards That Are Not Filmspots.  (Read 50177 times)

Hal Warren

Re: 2009 Awards That Are Not Filmspots.
« Reply #160 on: February 02, 2010, 08:21:41 AM »
Not one nomination for Moon *sigh*

District 9 was also mostly ignored.

Mostly ignored? It got best pic and best adapted screenplay nominations, neither of which it deserved, to go along with a few technical nominations. What else could it have gotten?

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #161 on: February 02, 2010, 08:25:22 AM »
Everything else is boring.

I guess, but I'm happy with it. 4 Movies from my top ten got best pic nods and 2 other nominees are movies I also really like. So, I'm happy. I'd be ecstatic if it wasn't for the CINECAST!ing Blind Side.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

zarodinu

• Elite Member
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
« Reply #162 on: February 02, 2010, 08:42:05 AM »
Not one nomination for Moon *sigh*

District 9 was also mostly ignored.

Mostly ignored? It got best pic and best adapted screenplay nominations, neither of which it deserved, to go along with a few technical nominations. What else could it have gotten?

Best picture has 10 nominees so it only half counts...  I really hoped it would get best director and actor nominations.
I’ve lied to men who wear belts. I’ve lied to men who wear suspenders. But I’d never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both a belt and suspenders.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #163 on: February 02, 2010, 08:45:59 AM »
How many people who are saying The Blind Side doesn't deserve to be there have actually seen the film?

Also, Rockwell is who was robbed of a nomination by Freeman, likely, Tequila.

In the prefect world there would still be 5 nominees and the 5 most deserving films (Avatar, Basterds, Up in the Air, A Serious Man, and Hurt Locker) would have been nominated. Instead we get those great and good films alongside utter shit like District 9, An Education, and Up. Though even if The Blind Side sucks there are still 6 good films to 4 terrible films, so I guess the system works mostly. Seriously though, those three films being recognized for anything other than mediocrity is a travesty. Obvi Avatar deserves to win, A Serious Man or Up in the Air should win, and Inglorious Basterds, The Hurt Locker, and Precious should be forgotten. The others deserve no love from anyone as they are all worse than Hannah Montana: The Movie, and likely are all worse than Hotel for Dogs as well.

Way cool to see In the Loop nominated, hope that can score a win.

zarodinu

• Elite Member
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
« Reply #164 on: February 02, 2010, 08:50:32 AM »
Kinda funny how Best Supporting Actor transformed into Best Villain category.  Chigurh, Joker, and now probably Landa (not bashing any of the performances).
I’ve lied to men who wear belts. I’ve lied to men who wear suspenders. But I’d never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both a belt and suspenders.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #165 on: February 02, 2010, 08:52:02 AM »
Kinda funny how Best Supporting Actor transformed into Best Villain category.  Chigurh, Joker, and now probably Landa (not bashing any of the performances).

There just haven't been many great, small "good guy" roles lately. Not that I can think of anyway.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
« Reply #166 on: February 02, 2010, 08:53:30 AM »
Pretty boring but if it hadn't been for the 10 noms A Serious Man probably wouldn't have been nominated.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #167 on: February 02, 2010, 08:53:48 AM »
Also, nominating Up for Best Screenplay is about equivalent to nominating Princess and the Frog for that category, because both of the scripts in those films are terrible. Hell, Avatar is more deserving of a script nomination than those films. FMF should have that Best Picture nomination. Anderson got robbed!

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #168 on: February 02, 2010, 09:10:46 AM »
I think I'm just going to ignore FLY's comments on this thread today rather than take the bait.

FYI
Nicest Surprise... DISTRICT 9 for Best Picture
Biggest Disappointment... No Sam Rockwell

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
« Reply #169 on: February 02, 2010, 09:11:56 AM »
FMF should have that Best Picture nomination. Anderson got robbed!

There was never any chance, but I agree.