Author Topic: 2009 Awards That Are Not Filmspots.  (Read 50201 times)

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
Re: 2009 Awards That Are Not Filmspots.
« Reply #240 on: February 02, 2010, 12:25:31 PM »
Nice, the Oscar nominated film Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. (sound mixing)

I would give it best picture before I would give it a sound award.  That movie raped my ears.

It is a rare case of a film with no redeeming qualities. If I had to guess I would guess it had the worst catering truck in film history. :D

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #241 on: February 02, 2010, 12:26:08 PM »
Nice, the Oscar nominated film Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. (sound mixing)

I would give it best picture before I would give it a sound award.  That movie raped my ears.

It is a bit of a strange nomination. I don't doubt that the filmmakers spent many working hours on that movie, but I'd say the end product confusing mish-mash of metal pieces clanking against each other.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #242 on: February 02, 2010, 12:26:49 PM »
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #243 on: February 02, 2010, 12:27:04 PM »
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs should have been there over an empirically bad film like Princess and the Frog, but Up will win anyway and that's all that matters. Though the nominations are good for something: they help to highlight certain films, like Secret of Kells that dropped under the radar. I really want to see that movie now.

Could we avoid stuff like this, has no place in the discussion and only invalidates your opinion and makes you look foolish.

lol. Everyone takes these things so seriously. Do you really think I meant a statement like that? I'm just pulling a FLY for fun. Princess and the Frog is still pretty bad though.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #244 on: February 02, 2010, 12:29:36 PM »
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs should have been there over an empirically bad film like Princess and the Frog, but Up will win anyway and that's all that matters. Though the nominations are good for something: they help to highlight certain films, like Secret of Kells that dropped under the radar. I really want to see that movie now.

Could we avoid stuff like this, has no place in the discussion and only invalidates your opinion and makes you look foolish.

lol. Everyone takes these things so seriously. Do you really think I meant a statement like that? I'm just pulling a FLY for fun. Princess and the Frog is still pretty bad though.

I can't speak for the quality of the film since I didn't see it, but man did that film ever come and go! Disney back to 2d animation. A black female character! I don't know anybody who saw it and it isn't even playing anymore. Didn't this come out in mid December or something?
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #245 on: February 02, 2010, 12:30:53 PM »
The low point has to be best supporting actress. There are no great performances in it all. It's like a whole category of Marisa Tomei in My Cousin Vinny.
I know you didn't like either of the films, and I didn't love them either, but I'd say Mo'Nique and Farmiga are both worthy nominees.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #246 on: February 02, 2010, 12:31:18 PM »
It's a good film, better than most other animated films from 2009.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #247 on: February 02, 2010, 12:32:13 PM »
my Summary;

Biggest YAY

Tie

ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE:
Carey Mulligan - An Education (Sony Classics)

BEST PICTURE:
Inglourious Basterds (Weinstein Co.)

Biggest Boo

ADAPTED SCREENPLAY:
Jason Reitman - Up in the Air (Paramount)

Biggest "Where the hell is that movie"

Bright Star is totally absent!

Biggest WTF!

whole supporting actress category (although I have not seen Crazy Heart)

Lock of the night

DIRECTING:
Kathryn Bigelow - The Hurt Locker (Summit)

Upset of the night: it could happen

ANIMATED FEATURE FILM:
Fantastic Mr. Fox (Fox Searchlight)

zarodinu

• Elite Member
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
« Reply #248 on: February 02, 2010, 12:35:40 PM »

It is a rare case of a film with no redeeming qualities. If I had to guess I would guess it had the worst catering truck in film history. :D

;D ;D ;D

It is a bit of a strange nomination. I don't doubt that the filmmakers spent many working hours on that movie, but I'd say the end product confusing mish-mash of metal pieces clanking against each other.

I was never able to separate a component from the overall result.  You could make a sublimely filmed movie of someone taking a dump, but I still wouldn't give it best cinematography.
I’ve lied to men who wear belts. I’ve lied to men who wear suspenders. But I’d never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both a belt and suspenders.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #249 on: February 02, 2010, 12:36:01 PM »
The low point has to be best supporting actress. There are no great performances in it all. It's like a whole category of Marisa Tomei in My Cousin Vinny.
I know you didn't like either of the films, and I didn't love them either, but I'd say Mo'Nique and Farmiga are both worthy nominees.

Farmiga is the best one for sure, and I hope she wins (The "meet cute" is one of the best scenes of the whole year imo). Monique was a cartoon in that movie. I dont get the love for her performance at all.

Overall it's just such a meh category.

love