love

Author Topic: 2009 Awards That Are Not Filmspots.  (Read 50199 times)

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
Re: 2009 Awards That Are Not Filmspots.
« Reply #310 on: February 02, 2010, 06:12:12 PM »
I'm just telling it like it is.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #311 on: February 02, 2010, 06:16:11 PM »
QT has no chance of winning. No chance.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #312 on: February 02, 2010, 06:17:54 PM »
QT has no chance of winning. No chance.

sad but true.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #313 on: February 02, 2010, 06:20:24 PM »
I wonder how much the media is going to play up the fact that Bigelow is Cameron's ex-wife.

zarodinu

• Elite Member
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
« Reply #314 on: February 02, 2010, 06:22:30 PM »
And you still don't seem to have a clue that to say it's the best movie of the year but she'll win because of political correctness is demeaning and offensive.

Sorry if its non-politically correct, but that's just how I see it.    

If she directed the best movie of the year, which you believe The Hurt Locker was, then she would 100% deserve the best director award if she received it.  Political correctness would have nothing to do with it either way.

Of course, this entire conversation will be hilarious if Quentin Tarantino actually wins....

All three deserve it.  But if Tarantino wins I will be utterly shocked, he is so unconventional and unique that non of his films will ever win BP and he will never get the director nod.  Best actor on the other hand...  
I’ve lied to men who wear belts. I’ve lied to men who wear suspenders. But I’d never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both a belt and suspenders.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
    • justAtad
« Reply #315 on: February 02, 2010, 06:22:59 PM »
I wonder how much the media is going to play up the fact that Bigelow is Cameron's ex-wife.

I wonder how much the media is going to play up The Hurt Locker. I keep seeing it in headlines but the picture is always Avatar. People need to see The Hurt Locker because people will actually like The Hurt Locker.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #316 on: February 02, 2010, 06:25:37 PM »

I wonder how much the media is going to play up The Hurt Locker. I keep seeing it in headlines but the picture is always Avatar. People need to see The Hurt Locker because people will actually like The Hurt Locker.

As opposed to all the people that are faking their liking Avatar?

zarodinu

• Elite Member
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
« Reply #317 on: February 02, 2010, 06:27:03 PM »

There is a significant population of people that don't like Avatar and they need a catalyst for a backlash. They will rally around Hurt Locker like the Brokeback haters did with Crash (though in this case the Hurt Locker is actually the slightly better movie).
I’ve lied to men who wear belts. I’ve lied to men who wear suspenders. But I’d never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both a belt and suspenders.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
    • justAtad
« Reply #318 on: February 02, 2010, 06:33:25 PM »
There were Brokeback haters? And they rallied around Crash?

Understand, I don't hate Avatar. I just think it's completely undeserving of Best Picture. If it were up to me Inglourious Basterds would win. But that has no chance. The one that has a good chance of winning is The Hurt Locker, and in my opinion it is a far and away better film than Avatar so I'll support that. In fact, I would support all those films nominated over Avatar except for maybe The Blind Side and District 9.

Holly Harry

• Elite Member
  • Bite my shiny metal...Well, you know.
« Reply #319 on: February 02, 2010, 06:53:58 PM »

They will rally around Hurt Locker like the Brokeback haters did with Crash (though in this case the Hurt Locker is actually the slightly better movie).

It seems Na'viphobia reaches even to the deepest areas of the academy.

"Political questions, if you go back thousands of years, are ephemeral, not important. History is the same thing over and over again."-Woody Allen.

love