Poll

Which Chapter of Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings Saga is your favorite?

The Fellowship of the Ring
8 (18.2%)
The Fellowship of the Ring - Extended Cut
13 (29.5%)
The Two Towers
5 (11.4%)
The Two Towers - Extended Cut
11 (25%)
The Return of the King
1 (2.3%)
The Return of the King - Extended Cut
6 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: Which Lord of The Rings? - Now that the dust has settled.  (Read 10722 times)

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
Re: Which Lord of The Rings? - Now that the dust has settled.
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2018, 11:35:36 AM »
Frankly, they were missing an ending, in my opinion. In the book, Saruman and Wormtongue had taken control of the Shire and the fellowship had one more minor battle to contend with, in which Merry and Pippin took the lead in fighting the evil men who Saruman had controlling Hobbits.  Frodo, after seeing the abuse Saruman heaped on Wormtongue, tells the little man that he need not follow Saruman anymore, he was free. It is at this point that Wormtongue killed Saruman, by stabbing him in the back. 

It would have been nice to see that they had to fight for the release of the Shire, which had also been enslaved by the war.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

DarkeningHumour

• Objectively Awesome
  • When not sure if sarcasm look at username.
    • Pretentiously Yours
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2018, 11:43:54 AM »
Spoiler alert!
« Society is dumb. Art is everything. » - Junior

https://pretensiouslyyours.wordpress.com/

Antares

• Godfather
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2018, 11:53:49 AM »
Frankly, they were missing an ending, in my opinion. In the book, Saruman and Wormtongue had taken control of the Shire and the fellowship had one more minor battle to contend with, in which Merry and Pippin took the lead in fighting the evil men who Saruman had controlling Hobbits.  Frodo, after seeing the abuse Saruman heaped on Wormtongue, tells the little man that he need not follow Saruman anymore, he was free. It is at this point that Wormtongue killed Saruman, by stabbing him in the back. 

It would have been nice to see that they had to fight for the release of the Shire, which had also been enslaved by the war.

For me, The Scouring of the Shire, was the best chapter of the whole book.
Masterpiece (100-91) | Classic (90-80) | Entertaining (79-69) | Mediocre (68-58) | Cinemuck (57-21) | Crap (20-0)

love