love

Author Topic: shotgun stories  (Read 1956 times)

karlwinslow

• Elite Member
shotgun stories
« on: December 03, 2008, 11:10:33 PM »
couldn't find a thread for this (maybe i'm just missing it), but just watched this and loved it.  curious to hear other people's thoughts.

check out more of my thoughts here (shameless blog plug)...

http://fourfilms.wordpress.com/2008/12/04/tcc-shotgun-stories/

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
Re: shotgun stories
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 10:35:36 AM »
I can't access my thoughts (blogger is blocked) but I agree. It's really good.

THATguy

• Elite Member
  • Contrarian At Large.
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 03:26:51 PM »
Hey, the search actually worked this time.

But yes, this was incredible.  Maybe it's because I've lived in small towns like this (only without the blood feuds, as far as I know), but the characters had a ton of depth, and I was intrigued pretty much from the moment it began to the ending credits.  Douglas Ligon as Boy was absolutely incredible for a first time actor.  In a role that originally seemed like it would be the comic relief (from the opening scene or two), he really impressed me.

As of right now, I've got this in my Top 5 for the Year...  I don't know if it will stay there, but it's damn good, and bordering between **** and **** 1/2 for me.

Blib

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 02:28:11 PM »
Just watched this the other day and was really impressed.  The feud between the brothers felt very real, escalating the way things probably would in the real world, without a lot of thought but a lot of building anger.  It was never predictable either and had a great atmosphere.  I wonder if this movie has been overlooked as I haven't met many other people who have seen it.  I've been trying to recommend it to everyone I know.
"All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?" -Reg, Life of Brian

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 08:50:30 PM »
This is one of my favorite threads, I think. Nice to have you here, Blib.

CSSCHNEIDER

• Elite Member
  • I Shoot Movies, Don't I?
    • http://csschneideraccounts.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 06:05:28 PM »
Absolutely love this film, and wish I could find a copy of Jeff Nichol's graduation film from UNCSA, Noble Chrome Pirates.  One of the better Student Films I've ever seen.  It oozes cool.

Taste is discerning, not all encompassing.

It's Not What You're Like, It's What You Like

Know the Difference Between Arts and Crafts

"Pain is Temporary, Film is Forever..." --John Milius

Winner! BFCS Iconoclast Award 2007

love