love

Poll

Regarding Blu-ray, you feel the product is...

Excellent! It has exceeded my expectations.
7 (31.8%)
Very good. I'm getting what I pay for.
7 (31.8%)
A bit pricey, but it's alright I suppose.
5 (22.7%)
It really isn't worth it in the end.
2 (9.1%)
I only watch movies on a theatre screen.
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Blu-ray  (Read 3735 times)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
Re: Blu-ray
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 12:09:34 PM »
I have yet to buy any Blu ray. Though I'm thinking about Watchmen. Every movie should be 10$... I'd be all over it.

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2010, 12:17:22 PM »
I haven't seen any Blue Ray.  Don't have a Blue Ray player, don't plan to anytime soon.  Could not care less about HDTV either.  My current regular DVD player and modest sized TV (27"? I think?) is perfectly acceptable.

Now feel free to rip off my shirt buttons and drum me out of the gadget geek brigade.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2010, 12:27:23 PM »
You say these things, but if you had a bigger TV you would not.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2010, 01:51:08 PM »
This is true.  That's why I pay no attention to bigger TVs and BluRay displays and all that mess.  If I'm happy with what I have, it costs me less and I have more money for the things to watch and play on my smaller TV.

And every once in a while I remember the first TV in my family's house, a black and white with two clicky-click dials taht stood on a rickety metal cart, and the way we were transported by the upgrade of the giant console color TV...and I'm pretty damn happy with what I have right now.

If only we could get the old ridiculously heavy, still functioning tube TV out of the house.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2010, 01:53:10 PM »
Colleen just revealed her age. lol.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2010, 01:57:55 PM »
Colleen just revealed her age. lol.

Shut it, whippersnapper.  And get off my lawn!

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2010, 02:07:34 PM »
I haven't seen any Blue Ray.  Don't have a Blue Ray player, don't plan to anytime soon.  Could not care less about HDTV either.  My current regular DVD player and modest sized TV (27"? I think?) is perfectly acceptable.

Now feel free to rip off my shirt buttons and drum me out of the gadget geek brigade.

You wouldn't even need that much of an upgrade. I have a 32'' and there was an immediate difference. Granted, I've seen films on 50'' teles and it's bloody brilliant, but I can say from experience that 32'' is a darn good start.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2010, 02:14:57 PM »
I have yet to buy any Blu ray. Though I'm thinking about Watchmen. Every movie should be 10$... I'd be all over it.

I finally got back my Watchmen BD (which a friend had borrowed during the time I didn't have a BD player). It looks great.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

Victor

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2010, 04:01:40 PM »
Question: I watch most movies on my laptop (16'') for the most part.  Can't really afford a decent TV at this point in my life.  Anyways, the laptop has a Blu-Ray drive but on a screen this size I don't know if it would make any difference at all to watch Blu-Ray discs.  Would the difference even be noticeable?

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2010, 04:05:45 PM »
Question: I watch most movies on my laptop (16'') for the most part.  Can't really afford a decent TV at this point in my life.  Anyways, the laptop has a Blu-Ray drive but on a screen this size I don't know if it would make any difference at all to watch Blu-Ray discs.  Would the difference even be noticeable?

is the screen in an HD format?

love