love

Author Topic: Live Music OR The Last Concert You Went To  (Read 114944 times)

MagnusFromBerlin

• Stumpfer Gegenstand
Re: Whoops
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2006, 03:59:04 AM »
Quote from: "Shanghai-Klaus"
Sorry, didn't mean to kill this thread...

don't worry it's a slow thread... so you're from Beatles Hamburg and go the the Stones five times, have you no pride in your home town? And don't give no excuse that you couldn't see the Beatles...

Katebo

• Elite Member
  • Shiny!
    • Sound on Sight TV
Been to any good concerts lately?
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2006, 08:15:10 AM »
You all will be very proud of me- just went to my very first rock concert last night. For all of $4, I got to see So Many Dynamos and Harvey Danger. Man do I love being a college student...

It was a good show, all in all. Unfort I couldn't actually see So Many Dynamos, as they were too loud for me and my ears starting hurting after half a song (I sat in the lounge in the next room and heard everything fine- good times). Luckily, tho, Harvey Danger weren't as loud, so I was able to watch their whole set.

also- I've learned a valuable lesson- 3" heals to a concert where I'll be jumping around a lot? Not so much.

Shanghai-Klaus

From this to that
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2006, 09:30:27 PM »
Quote from: "MagnusFromBerlin"
so you're from Beatles Hamburg and go the the Stones five times, have you no pride in your home town? And don't give no excuse that you couldn't see the Beatles...

Well, I WILL excuse that by being 46 not 64 but when I'm 64 I might have been to even more Stones concerts...

But to cast an elegant line from this to movies, Magnus, you as being a Berliner (no pun intended) will remember which typical Berlin loudmouth dubbed Sir Paul in the BEATLES films?

Other concerts here: Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra with Sir Simon Rattle and Max Raabe.

Speaking of pride in my hometown - have you seen the Hark Bohm movies as well as Klaus Lemke's ROCKER? 70ies...

MagnusFromBerlin

• Stumpfer Gegenstand
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2006, 07:26:24 AM »
I have seen 'Nordsee ist Mordsee' but that's about it... but they're not making "Jugend-dramen" like that anymore...
and Wolfgang Gruner who btw also did Peter Sellers in "The Party"...

anyway you're not off the hook the easily, by changing the subject back to Berlin, i bet you don't even own a "Hans Albers" or "Freddy Quinn" CD...

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2006, 09:41:44 AM »
Is David Hasselhoff really that big over there?

Has anyone seen him in concert?
Hey, nice marmot!

MagnusFromBerlin

• Stumpfer Gegenstand
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2006, 10:21:34 AM »
Quote from: "marty_m"
Is David Hasselhoff really that big over there?

Well, he single-handedly took down the Berlin Wall, didn't he...
I've never seen him in concert, but I've seen his new music videos (avaible at UTube & Google Video) and it looks like he can't move the muscles in his upper-face anymore...

Katebo

• Elite Member
  • Shiny!
    • Sound on Sight TV
Re: From this to that
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2006, 11:21:46 AM »
Quote from: "Shanghai-Klaus"
Other concerts here: Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra with Sir Simon Rattle and Max Raabe.

ooh- they're fantastic! Also, fyi, did you know the new principal violist with the Berlin Phil is a 25 or so year old American woman? She's a friend of mine's sister, actually. She's gotta be amazing, to be principal when she's that young (and American).

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2006, 11:25:15 AM »

I've never seen him in concert, but I've seen his new music videos (avaible at UTube & Google Video) and it looks like he can't move the muscles in his upper-face anymore...

Some sort of palsy perhaps...

Has he had much plastic surgery?
Hey, nice marmot!

JoshuaOst

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2006, 11:36:11 AM »
I was actually just at the Roger Waters concert about a week ago.  It was awesome.  They played the entire Dark Side of the Moon album.
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

Shanghai-Klaus

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2006, 07:12:44 PM »

anyway you're not off the hook the easily, by changing the subject back to Berlin, i bet you don't even own a "Hans Albers" or "Freddy Quinn" CD...

Of course I have many Hamburg-samplers although I do not accept Vienna born Freddy Quinn as even remotely Hanseatic...

love