love

Author Topic: Live Music OR The Last Concert You Went To  (Read 115199 times)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: Live Music OR The Last Concert You Went To
« Reply #270 on: May 12, 2009, 09:57:53 AM »
I also wish the Mountain Goats would come to the Philadelphia area soon, I would travel solo to that show, though I think it wouldn't be hard convincing someone else to roll with me there.

Did he and Vanderslice not stop in Philly on the most recent tour?

I'm not sure, I've just been checking the website and they only had dates listed through the start of April I think. They may have, but I was mostly out of touch with things like that whilst the semester was winding down.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #271 on: May 12, 2009, 11:36:31 PM »
3 hrs & 10 minutes of Leonard Cohen....

Kevin Shields

• Godfather
  • CINECAST! You FLY, Clovis, & FroHam
    • thevoid99's Epinions Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 12, 2009, 11:40:26 PM »

Cool!
"I want to be bored"-Maggie Gyllenhaal

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #274 on: May 16, 2009, 07:50:25 PM »
During the last week in April I saw Bruce Springsteen twice, once here in Atlanta on 4/26 and the second show in Philly on 4/29.  Both shows were great but Atlanta was a bit better.  Added bonus of my sister visiting in Atlanta for the first show, and seeing the second show with both sisters, my brother and his wife, my one sister's husband, and their son, my nephew Conal, who is 8 and was at his first concert.  That was cool.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #275 on: May 17, 2009, 01:58:42 AM »
Just got back from The Vaselines show and it was even better than anticipated.  This was their first ever show in Chicago, and if I'm correct, one of their first American shows in a long, long time.  Obviously since they don't have a huge catalog, they played just about every one of their songs and even threw 2 new ones in for good measure.  Frances was totally adorable and she and Eugene had great stage banter.  I rarely feel genuinely lucky to have seen a band, but this was definitely one of those times.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #276 on: May 17, 2009, 12:17:52 PM »
During the last week in April I saw Bruce Springsteen twice, once here in Atlanta on 4/26 and the second show in Philly on 4/29.  Both shows were great but Atlanta was a bit better.  Added bonus of my sister visiting in Atlanta for the first show, and seeing the second show with both sisters, my brother and his wife, my one sister's husband, and their son, my nephew Conal, who is 8 and was at his first concert.  That was cool.

Hope you had a Yuengling while you were in town! ;D

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #277 on: May 17, 2009, 12:19:56 PM »
Just got back from The Vaselines show and it was even better than anticipated.  This was their first ever show in Chicago, and if I'm correct, one of their first American shows in a long, long time.  Obviously since they don't have a huge catalog, they played just about every one of their songs and even threw 2 new ones in for good measure.  Frances was totally adorable and she and Eugene had great stage banter.  I rarely feel genuinely lucky to have seen a band, but this was definitely one of those times.

Sounds awesome!

Sounds awesome!

Sounds awesome!
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #278 on: May 17, 2009, 02:15:48 PM »

I did but it's not the big deal it used to be since they FINALLY started selling it in Georgia this year.

I did bring back a couple of boxes of Tastykakes though!

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #279 on: May 17, 2009, 09:00:12 PM »

I did but it's not the big deal it used to be since they FINALLY started selling it in Georgia this year.

I did bring back a couple of boxes of Tastykakes though!

ahh nice - i knew they've been expanding but didn;t know how far south they've gotten.  But nobody bakes a cake as tasty as a tastykake!