Author Topic: Live Music OR The Last Concert You Went To  (Read 115152 times)

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Live Music OR The Last Concert You Went To
« Reply #361 on: November 03, 2009, 09:07:46 AM »
Did I mention that on Night 4 (halloween) Pearl Jam came out as DEVO and did "Whip It"?

So great.

Pearl Jam - "Whip It" - Live in Philly, final show @ The Spectrum 10/31/09

They came out to the Rocky theme:

Pearl Jam - Rocky Intro + "Why Go" - Live in Philly, final show @ The Spectrum 10/31/09

Played with a string quartet:

Pearl Jam (w/ strings) - "The End" - Live in Philly, final show @ The Spectrum 10/31/09

Invited a girl dressed as a Rat onstage:

Pearl Jam - "Rats" - Live in Philly, final show @ The Spectrum 10/31/09

Played "Bugs" from Vitalogy for the first time ever live:

Pearl Jam (w/ strings) - "Bugs" + false start - Live in Philly, final show @ The Spectrum 10/31/09

Played a lot of new stuff:

Pearl Jam - "Unthought Known" - Live in Philly, final show @ The Spectrum 10/31/09

Went way back to Mother Love Bone:

Pearl Jam - "Crown of Thorns" - Live in Philly, final show @ The Spectrum 10/31/09

Tore the roof off the place with balloons & confetti during "Keep On Rockin' In the Free World"

Pearl Jam - "Keep On Rockin' In the Free World" - Live in Philly, final show @ The Spectrum 10/31/09

And Ended 3.5 hours later with This and The Star Spangled Banner

Pearl Jam - "Yellow Ledbetter" - Live in Philly, final show @ The Spectrum 10/31/09

(this doesn't include the opening act, Bad Religion's set during which Eddie came out and sang a track)

Bad Religion w/ Eddie Vedder - "Watch It Die" Live - Final show @ The Spectrum 10/31/09

What a show.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 10:19:06 AM by ¡Keith! »

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #362 on: November 03, 2009, 12:53:36 PM »
Did you go all 4 nights?
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #363 on: November 03, 2009, 01:16:17 PM »
yeah - it was a pretty spectacular stand.

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #364 on: November 03, 2009, 01:20:06 PM »
You're hardcore. How many times did you get Corduroy? And how many for Baba O'Riley?

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #365 on: November 03, 2009, 01:36:24 PM »
Did I mention that on Night 4 (halloween) Pearl Jam ...

OMG!

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #366 on: November 03, 2009, 02:53:34 PM »
You're hardcore. How many times did you get Corduroy? And how many for Baba O'Riley?

"The Fixer" & "Just Breathe" off the new record were the only ones played all 4 nights.  They played 131 tracks over 4 nights, 101 unique songs.  They did every track with lyrics from both Vitalogy!!! and Backspacer.  Did 1 Who cover a night for the first 3 nights ("Love Reign O'er Me", "The Real Me" & "Baba O'Riley") & 3 other full covers ("Sonic Reducer", "Whip It" & "Rockin'") over the stand + some stingers of tracks here and there (not including covers that they've released on their own - "Crazy Mary", "Last Kiss" & the Mother Love Bone track).  They did 3 tracks for the first time "Bugs" (Eddie brought out lyrics with him during the set break and I was wondering what they were for) as well as "Speed of Sound" from the new set & "Sweet Lew" (Binaural outtake & Lost Dogs)with Jeff on vocals & eddie bouncing a basketball. Did "Out of My Mind" ("Not for You" b-side) for the 3rd time and first since 1994 because someone told Tom Tomorrow (artist responsible for the gig poster & Backspacer artwork) that he'd make a sizable donation if they played it. They did "No Way" for the 6th time, "Push Me, Pull Me" for the 4the time (first since '98), "Pilate" for the 15th time (first since '00). "Corduroy" came out twice (first & last night). Eddie came out & sang with Bad Religion on Nights 3 & 4 and with Social Distortion on Night 2.  Mike Ness & the SD guitarist came out on Night 2 and played a song with PJ.  Stone took the mic for "Mankind" on night 1.  They did a bunch of other seldome heard trax as well.

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #367 on: November 03, 2009, 11:52:06 PM »
"Sonic Reducer"
Good song, it's on one of the early Christmas singles, I think.

the Mother Love Bone track
Don't burn your bridges, woman.

They did a bunch of other seldome heard trax as well.
"Goat"?  ;D
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 02:20:02 AM by matt the movie watcher »

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #368 on: November 06, 2009, 12:46:05 AM »
Mountain Goats show was good.  Not the best show of there's I've seen, mostly because I'm still not totally sold on the new album, which was most of the setlist.  No Children and This Year have become total singalong anthems.  Darnielle played piano quite a bit, which was interesting.  Also, Final Fantasy dude played violin on a few songs.  He also opened, I was familiar with him, not really my bag.

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
« Reply #369 on: November 07, 2009, 07:51:54 AM »
Saw Destroyer last night. It was really great. The opening bands were absolutely terrible. There was one from Denton, I can't remember the name of it. They were really loud and I was at the front so that kept me awake. Then Sarah Jaffe came out and it was one of the most boring things of ALL TIME. The bassist looked so damn bored and all the songs pretty much sounded the same. Of course, Destroyer came out all by his lonesome and he kicked ass. He had more stage presence with his guitar and two beers than all of Sarah Jaffe's band (violin, keys, accordion!). He played a bunch of songs off Rubies, a couple from Trouble in Dreams and Your Blues and others from earlier records, I guess. It was kind of amazing. He has this awesomely floppy afro and he was taking sips of his beer and doing this really awkward bow in between songs and his attempts at stage banter were so awkwardly plain and strange that it made me like him more. I'll post a few of the pictures that my friend took later.