My last concert was back in November: Regina Spektor. It was solid though I wouldn't put it near the top as a concert goes. Opening act was Jupiter One who I really dug. They've kind of got an 80s prog rock vibe with moments of Alan Parsons Project IMO.
Top ten concerts:
1. Brandi Carlile (w/ A Fine Frenzy)
2. Death Cab For Cutie (w/ Mates of State)
3. Tegan and Sara
4. The Killers (in a very small venue)
5. The New Pornographers
6. Mile High Music Festival 08 (Dave Matthews Band, John Meyer, One Republic, Brett Dennan and new discovery Alberta Cross)
7. Green Day (w/ Franz Ferdinand)
8. Elton John
9. Regina Spektor (w/ Jupiter One)
10. Mike Hayden (w/ Shades of Amber) (very local...was drinking beers with them after)
Just bought tickets to see the New Pornographers in June! I saw them a few years ago and they were awesome, but Neko Case wasn't with them. This time, the whole line-up is touring. Hooray!
Awesome, I saw them back in 2007. It was an interesting experience because I hadn't really listened to them at the time (went with a friend) and while I was at the concert I was like "I can't wait to go home and listen to the CD," which isn't to disrespect the live performance which in hindsight was really great, but a comment on the fact that knowing the material aids in the appreciation and I wanted to know it better so I could appreciate it better.