Author Topic: Live Music OR The Last Concert You Went To  (Read 115162 times)

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
Re: Live Music OR The Last Concert You Went To
« Reply #550 on: February 28, 2012, 01:18:32 PM »
I will repeat a post since it may be better here:

that stage show looks really great.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #551 on: February 28, 2012, 09:14:27 PM »
Excited for Grimes, though outside is not the best venue for her, I imagine. Though that was the same with Blake last year, and he was great outdoors.

I'm on the fence right now, but going to see if I can wrangle up some of my posse to make the trip out there again this year. It's so much fun, and damn it I want more of that pizza!

Also, hoping Schoolboy Q is with Lamar.

EDIT: I really was, and still kind of am on an outside chance, that LDR would play the festival.

I agree that those would be weak headliners too, even compared to a relatively weaker group last year. They need to get Mangum and bring St. Vincent back!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 09:16:21 PM by FLYmeatwad »

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #552 on: February 28, 2012, 09:17:02 PM »
Going to see the Tedeschi Trucks Band down in Cincy in late April. I bought the tickets before they announced they were coming to Columbus as well. That show is actually in late March. I'll probably just try and go to both because they are, how should I put this? So Dank!
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #553 on: February 28, 2012, 09:22:52 PM »
Nice use!

I personally would have went with "super dank", "mega dank", or "ultra dank" but I support any use of the term!

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #554 on: February 29, 2012, 10:07:19 AM »
I really hope the headliners aren't Feist, Vampire Weekend, and Godspeed because that's weak.

I don't think that is anywhere near a possiblity. Vampire Weekend are probably gonna be a headliner, but Feist and Godspeed won't be. They'll probably announce the others later on.

(Also, I can see you as being the type of person who'd like Cloud Nothings)
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #555 on: February 29, 2012, 10:09:43 AM »
Looking increasingly likely that I'll end up back at Pitchfork Fest this year as well. Should be dank.

How come you don't think Feist will be a headliner? I feel like they are pretty high profile. I mean they are on a similar level to Animal Collective and Fleet Foxes. I definitely think Vampire Weekend will be a headliner.

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #556 on: February 29, 2012, 10:33:13 AM »
I guess it's just perception, but I really don't think Feist is on the same level as Animal Collective and Fleet Foxes among that community.

Thinking about the festival lineups recently something like Bon Iver, Radiohead, or M83 seems more likely.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #557 on: February 29, 2012, 10:53:21 AM »
Would love M83, and I actually felt like they would make a lot of sense. I don't think Bon Iver will end up making it because he seems a bit too big. Though I'm hoping that Mangum makes a stop.

I expect Cults, Chairlift, and others to be there. Would like Sleigh Bells (again, may not be great outside) and St. Vincent, but I think their start has risen a bit too much. Would imagine CC will get invited though.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #558 on: February 29, 2012, 01:16:44 PM »
I guess it's just perception, but I really don't think Feist is on the same level as Animal Collective and Fleet Foxes among that community.

Thinking about the festival lineups recently something like Bon Iver, Radiohead, or M83 seems more likely.

The headliners are always announced in the first batch because theoretically they're the ones that should push ticket sales. The rumor was PJ Harvey and Mangum, which I would've been super excited for, but I can't imagine they would be saving those names for a later announcement. Lolla being a month later also has an impact on booking.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #559 on: March 03, 2012, 02:32:10 PM »
Bought the tixs to Destroyer.

Will probs buy a 3 day pass for P4K, but hold off on booking hotels/air fare until the full lineup is released, otherwise I may just try and sell off the pass. I am still having trouble getting excited for much beyond Grimes and the hip hop acts. Hot Chip too, I guess. I don't know, it's hard to get excited.

Would have cried to see Mangum, St. Vincent, or even Harvey. Hoping one of them makes it to Popped! in Philly, as I would spend another $110 to see them. And, theoretically, by that point in time I'll have a paying job, so it won't be a huge financial burden.

EDIT: Would go for sure as well if Charli XCX would be there, and I'm really hoping she'll make it since she's part of their SXSW thing.

Not quite LDR, but acceptable.

EDIT 2: Big K.R.I.T would also be super dank.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 03:01:44 PM by FLYmeatwad »

love