Author Topic: Apple Talk  (Read 17144 times)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
Re: Apple Talk
« Reply #290 on: September 14, 2016, 09:53:43 PM »
:) Thanks for your thoughts on this!

I like my PC. I know my PC. I'm just getting some outside pressure to try something new. Using my son's iMac, gives me the same uncomfortable feeling, you're having with the PC, but I'd like to think that I could get over that, if I do switch over. I want to be adaptable. The one thing I've heard, that I want, is the Mac is more secure with online money matters, such as banking. Don't know if it is true, or not.

The only reason Mac is "more secure" with online money matters is because people are broke after they've ponied up for a Mac.  :P

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #291 on: September 14, 2016, 10:19:38 PM »
I have no idea why Apple won't let you turn off voice controls. It seems a huge liability to have pressing a highly pressable button activate something like that while the phone is locked. I have at least fixed the settings enough that next time it activates in class it'll only play music, not call an ex-girlfriend.

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #292 on: September 14, 2016, 10:31:28 PM »
What song does it play? :)

The only reason Mac is "more secure" with online money matters is because people are broke after they've ponied up for a Mac.  :P

:D

I knew you'd be in my PC camp!
"Don't be shy. You learn to fly and see the sun when day is done. If only you see."

verbALs

• Godfather
  • Snort Life-DOR
« Reply #293 on: October 11, 2016, 12:20:44 PM »

It's not the only phone that will burn a hole in your pocket. :P
I used to encourage everyone I knew to make art; I don't do that so much anymore. - Banksy

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • A Monkey with a Gun
    • Creative Criticism
« Reply #294 on: October 11, 2016, 02:18:21 PM »
The cost of a Mac is about the same as my three past computers combined.

Monty

• Elite Member
  • "There is only one ball, so you need to have it."
    • TheMontyTweets
« Reply #295 on: October 11, 2016, 02:45:02 PM »

It's not the only phone that will burn a hole in your pocket. :P

I'm guessing if you have a Samsung Note and/or smoke electronic cigarettes, your not long for this world ;D

"And then it just becomes an industry of...cool."