Author Topic: Apple Talk  (Read 37393 times)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
Re: Apple Talk
« Reply #290 on: September 14, 2016, 09:53:43 PM »
:) Thanks for your thoughts on this!

I like my PC. I know my PC. I'm just getting some outside pressure to try something new. Using my son's iMac, gives me the same uncomfortable feeling, you're having with the PC, but I'd like to think that I could get over that, if I do switch over. I want to be adaptable. The one thing I've heard, that I want, is the Mac is more secure with online money matters, such as banking. Don't know if it is true, or not.

The only reason Mac is "more secure" with online money matters is because people are broke after they've ponied up for a Mac.  :P

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #291 on: September 14, 2016, 10:19:38 PM »
I have no idea why Apple won't let you turn off voice controls. It seems a huge liability to have pressing a highly pressable button activate something like that while the phone is locked. I have at least fixed the settings enough that next time it activates in class it'll only play music, not call an ex-girlfriend.

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #292 on: September 14, 2016, 10:31:28 PM »
What song does it play? :)

The only reason Mac is "more secure" with online money matters is because people are broke after they've ponied up for a Mac.  :P

:D

I knew you'd be in my PC camp!

verbALs

• Godfather
  • Snort Life-DOR
« Reply #293 on: October 11, 2016, 12:20:44 PM »

It's not the only phone that will burn a hole in your pocket. :P
I used to encourage everyone I knew to make art; I don't do that so much anymore. - Banksy

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #294 on: October 11, 2016, 02:18:21 PM »
The cost of a Mac is about the same as my three past computers combined.

Monty

• Elite Member
  • "There is only one ball, so you need to have it."
    • TheMontyTweets
« Reply #295 on: October 11, 2016, 02:45:02 PM »

It's not the only phone that will burn a hole in your pocket. :P

I'm guessing if you have a Samsung Note and/or smoke electronic cigarettes, your not long for this world ;D

"And then it just becomes an industry of...cool."

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #296 on: September 17, 2018, 07:49:28 PM »
I have had a 6s since launch. Should I be getting an XS or XSMaxxx? Do I dare try and hold out one more year? My battery lasts about a day still, but I feel like it's getting to be that time. My concern, since there doesn't seem to be huge differences between the X and the revisions, is that the one next year will be significantly better. Could to the Apple store thing where I pay each month, then upgrade each year...but idk.

Also, the 6s I have now is 64GB, of which I still have about 20GB left. I shouldn't be getting the 256GB new model...right?

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #297 on: September 17, 2018, 10:09:29 PM »
I don't bother upgrading until I really have to, seems a battery lasting 1 day is still quite usable. I'll update in this cycle as mine is not working properly anymore, typing on it is extremely frustrating if the numbers or letters are near the edge. Also, it is only 16GB and out of space but I can deal with that.

"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #298 on: September 18, 2018, 01:45:40 AM »
I made the full shift from PC/Android to iMac/iPhone/iPad.  It happened gradually and then it snowballed.

Yes, the iMac cost as much as my last three computers together.  But the last three computers broke after a couple years and I would inevitably lose a lot of data.  This iMac won't be moved daily, won't be accidentally dropped, won't be knocked off my table.  And it runs fast, without the horrible lags I get from cheap computers.  It's a learning curve, because I've learned so many short cuts for my PC, but I'll learn the iMac, too.  It'll just take a minute.

I got the iPad because it was given to me.  I got the iPhone because it was cheaper than the Samsung that I wanted.  So now all my devices connect to each other and I have access to all the data.  And whenever I feel the loss of PC tricks, I still have my laptop (until it too inevitably fails), but I'm trying to learn to live without it.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #299 on: September 18, 2018, 03:28:37 AM »
I lease through Sprint so I get a new phone every 12-18 months. I definitely wouldn’t turn it over this much if work didn’t foot the bill. I’m due so I’m probably going for the XR.