love

Author Topic: Presenting Filmspotters Favorite Films  (Read 51210 times)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
Re: Presenting Filmspotters Favorite Films
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2010, 11:31:26 PM »
I should do a double shot of BttF and Apocalypse Now for this thread. It would be episode. Even more epic? If I somehow found thematic links between the two and made it one giant essay.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2010, 12:18:10 AM »
I should do a double shot of BttF and Apocalypse Now for this thread. It would be episode. Even more epic? If I somehow found thematic links between the two and made it one giant essay.

If you could find tie-ins that would be fantastic.  Otherwise, just  stick with Apocalypse Now.  Not because we fully agree that BttF is your favorite, but I think we know your reasons for that.   :)
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
    • justAtad
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2010, 12:23:49 AM »

If you could find tie-ins that would be fantastic.  Otherwise, just  stick with Apocalypse Now.  Not because we fully agree that BttF is your favorite, but I think we know your reasons for that.   :)

My reasons have never been put together in a long articulated fashion. Also, I love both films, but they are so much the opposites of each other that I do feel the need to present them equally.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2010, 12:33:22 AM »

My reasons have never been put together in a long articulated fashion. Also, I love both films, but they are so much the opposites of each other that I do feel the need to present them equally.

Then do both.  I'd really like to hear your support of Apocalypse Now.  Are you a Redux fan?
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
    • justAtad
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2010, 09:06:13 AM »

Then do both.  I'd really like to hear your support of Apocalypse Now.  Are you a Redux fan?

The Redux is actually the only one I've seen.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2010, 12:02:09 PM »

Whaaaaaa?!?! It was soooo bad and needlessly drawn out. I'm gonna give the theatrical a fair shake though.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
    • justAtad
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2010, 01:00:12 PM »

Whaaaaaa?!?! It was soooo bad and needlessly drawn out. I'm gonna give the theatrical a fair shake though.

The Redux is what I watched first because it was what I had on hand. It blew me away completely. I have since watched it many times and I cannot imagine any piece being cut out and the film still having the same effect on me.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2010, 01:02:35 PM »

The Redux is what I watched first because it was what I had on hand. It blew me away completely. I have since watched it many times and I cannot imagine any piece being cut out and the film still having the same effect on me.

Interesting take on the film. I saw the theatrical cut first and its the one I love the most. I really like the redux except the French village scene always kind of bothers me. I dont quite get what it is getting at.

Both versions are awesome though.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2010, 05:19:16 PM »

Interesting take on the film. I saw the theatrical cut first and its the one I love the most. I really like the redux except the French village scene always kind of bothers me. I dont quite get what it is getting at.
Yea, I quit watching at that exact point. It was just so indulgent and excessively unnecessary.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
    • justAtad
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2010, 05:29:45 PM »

Yea, I quit watching at that exact point. It was just so indulgent and excessively unnecessary.

That sequence destroys any fluitity to the film (and it doesn't have any normal fluidity to begin with) and almost acts as it's own short. It's a dreamy interuption within an already dreamy film. And after that point it also gets even more crazy.

love