Author Topic: Logorama  (Read 2139 times)

Alan Smithee

• Elite Member
    • http://cherrypicker.tumblr.com/
Re: Logorama
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 05:03:26 PM »
Out of all the Oscar shorts, this is the one I keep thinking about.  I was very uncomfortable with it, but I think that's part of the point.  Logos and corporate representatives are supposed to be clean, pro-society, a positive thing.  Here, they are portrayed perhaps a bit more as to how the corporations actually act-- McDonald's truly does murder people without regret.  Obviously, a lot of these logos are used for simple humor, but occasionally I think they are making more of a point with the animation.

I couldn't have said it better.

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 06:00:23 PM »
Out of all the Oscar shorts, this is the one I keep thinking about.  I was very uncomfortable with it, but I think that's part of the point.  Logos and corporate representatives are supposed to be clean, pro-society, a positive thing.  Here, they are portrayed perhaps a bit more as to how the corporations actually act-- McDonald's truly does murder people without regret.  Obviously, a lot of these logos are used for simple humor, but occasionally I think they are making more of a point with the animation.

I guess I just thought this was really, really obvious.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2010, 02:59:53 AM »

It's my job to state the obvious.  Didn't you know that?
I guess I just thought this was really, really obvious.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky