Author Topic: Review the Last TV Episode/Season/Series You Watched  (Read 226535 times)

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
Re: Review the Last TV Episode/Season/Series You Watched
« Reply #2930 on: January 27, 2024, 12:52:33 AM »
I was very mixed on The Curse, but the final episode is as big a swing I've seen from a TV Show since that one episode of Twin Peaks: The Return.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2931 on: January 27, 2024, 05:22:52 PM »
That makes me want to catch up with it even more. The first episode was pretty good. Also interested in it because of living in Waco.

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #2932 on: February 06, 2024, 05:41:40 AM »
I just took the plunge and started The West Wing. 4 episodes in and I'm digging it.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #2933 on: February 06, 2024, 11:30:22 PM »
I just took the plunge and started The West Wing. 4 episodes in and I'm digging it.

I've watched the whole show four times.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #2934 on: March 01, 2024, 06:44:19 AM »
Constellation - Is it possible for an entire cast to have this little chemistry?

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #2935 on: March 01, 2024, 10:37:25 PM »
So far enjoying the first two episodes of Shogun.  I was a big fan of the book as well as the rest of the series.  But the mini-series that they made of Shogun, Tai Pan (movie) , and Noble House were pretty bad.  The movie adaptation of King Rat was ok from what I can remember. 

At least hoping this does well enough that they try to adapt the rest of the series over time…
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #2936 on: March 24, 2024, 01:36:36 AM »
Rewatched Unbelievable. I find it to be one of the best things I've watched in the last 10 years of TV (which isn't that much but still).

Just started watching Brooklyn 99. As a big network sitcom I never gave it the time of day before, but pickings are lean at the moment so we gave it a shot. I'm enjoying it. :)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2937 on: March 24, 2024, 06:05:23 AM »
I only watched a couple of seasons of Brooklyn 99, but I liked what I saw well enough. Not the highest of praise but perfectly fine as something to unwind to.

I agree it's pretty slim pickings. It's not a straight comedy, but I did like Barry a lot. It goes for darker humor but some of the biggest laughs I had in years came from watching the show.

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #2938 on: March 24, 2024, 03:26:55 PM »
If you like a bit of dark comedy in a murder mystery series I would suggest Deadloch which is on Amazon Prime, this one is quirky.

If you are into D&D (or even just know a bit about it) the anime series Delicious in Dungeon is a different take, it's on Netflix.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2939 on: March 25, 2024, 10:58:37 AM »
Masters of the Air gradually peaks when it realizes the character moments are bigger than the fighting scenes. However, loses direction and focus in the back half and can't pick up the pieces. Supremely underwhelmed by the end.