Poll

Which of these trilogies do you feel is the strongest overall.

Spider-Man
11 (31.4%)
X-Men
10 (28.6%)
Star Wars (Eps 1 to 3)
14 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Triple Triple.  (Read 8150 times)

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
Re: Triple Triple.
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2010, 12:50:03 AM »
Thinking about it the way Keith proposed:

First in series: I give it to Spidey
Second in series: I give it to Spidey
Third in series: I give it to Star Wars (Adam says it's a 5 star movie ;))

Overall winner: Spidey
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2010, 12:52:50 AM »
It's the perfect wish fulfillment fantasy!

yr thinking of Inglourious Basterds.

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2010, 03:07:36 AM »
Bourne trilogy.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2010, 10:05:42 AM »
See, Spider-Man 2 is my least favorite of the nine at issue here. It was laughably bad in my mind. I don't even begin to see why it has gotten all the praise it has.

I don't see how people can not love SM2, it's classic comic book storytelling at its finest.

They might not like 'classic' comic book storytelling. They might like the character but are in search for something different.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2010, 10:10:06 AM »
What if I don't like the character or the storytelling? Maybe that's why I like S3 the best, we get a non-whiny Peter Parker.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2010, 10:23:58 AM »
What if I don't like the character or the storytelling? Maybe that's why I like S3 the best, we get a non-whiny Peter Parker.

Hence why it's the least of the three films, Parker is a whiner, always has been and if he's not whining then something is wrong with the character.

See, Spider-Man 2 is my least favorite of the nine at issue here. It was laughably bad in my mind. I don't even begin to see why it has gotten all the praise it has.

I don't see how people can not love SM2, it's classic comic book storytelling at its finest.

They might not like 'classic' comic book storytelling. They might like the character but are in search for something different.

Personally I don't want to know people who don't like classic comic book storytelling.  :P Seriously though, I understand that people don't like the film, but that doesn't mean I can grasp my head around their reasons.  :-\

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2010, 10:30:15 AM »
though it subs a whiney Venom istead.

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2010, 10:34:27 AM »

Hence why it's the least of the three films, Parker is a whiner, always has been and if he's not whining then something is wrong with the character.

Personally I don't want to know people who don't like classic comic book storytelling.  :P Seriously though, I understand that people don't like the film, but that doesn't mean I can grasp my head around their reasons.  :-\

'Classic' is in the eyes of the beholder. That's essentially what my argument boils down to.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2010, 10:44:32 AM »
Spidey, although the others are probably more consistent in quality.
'What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you'
http://letterboxd.com/Tagave/

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2010, 11:28:07 AM »
X-Men 1 and 2 are strong but X3 is pretty mediocre. Spider-Man 1 and 2 are good, but 3 is awful. Star Wars...I really only think I can bring myself to rewatch Ep3 at this point.

So for now I'll go with X-Men. Its weakest link (X3) is the strongest of the three week links in all three of these chains (Ep1, Spider-Man 3).

love