love

Author Topic: Best of the Decade: General Discussion  (Read 51961 times)

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Best of the Decade: General Discussion
« Reply #240 on: May 07, 2010, 09:30:05 AM »
Exciting! I'm sure you'll tell us which films these are as soon as you've revealed the whole top 20, won't you?!?

I'm not sure of the exact plan but I would caution to say that we are not planning on releasing information that would suggest a ranking within the top 20 or second 30 pools. Saying the two that missed the top 20 due to negative votes would naturally suggest their place higher in the secondary set.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #241 on: May 07, 2010, 09:33:02 AM »
Exciting! I'm sure you'll tell us which films these are as soon as you've revealed the whole top 20, won't you?!?

I'm not sure of the exact plan but I would caution to say that we are not planning on releasing information that would suggest a ranking within the top 20 or second 30 pools. Saying the two that missed the top 20 due to negative votes would naturally suggest their place higher in the secondary set.

Yep - exactly.
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

Emiliana

• Elite Member
  • Life is a Cabaret!
« Reply #242 on: May 07, 2010, 09:33:17 AM »
Also, you may have mentioned this already but can you share stats on the number of people who sent in a ballot (as opposed to total number of votes)?
ferris posted the full list of people who sent in ballots here. By my count, that's 57 of us :)

Ah, I see, it would spoil the whole idea of listing them unranked...

worm@work

• Godfather
« Reply #243 on: May 07, 2010, 09:51:50 AM »
Also, you may have mentioned this already but can you share stats on the number of people who sent in a ballot (as opposed to total number of votes)?
ferris posted the full list of people who sent in ballots here. By my count, that's 57 of us :)

Thanks! I totally missed that post. It's so nice to see that so many people sent in ballots. Yay to faceboy for sending in one even when he's not around. Otoh, not seeing Thor's name on that list makes me sad :-\.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #244 on: May 07, 2010, 10:01:55 AM »

Your count is correct :)

Filmspotters voting in each category

« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 10:19:42 AM by ferris »
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

Verite

• Elite Member
  • Maybach School of Film Studies
« Reply #245 on: May 07, 2010, 04:28:14 PM »
Otoh, not seeing Thor's name on that list makes me sad :-\.

I see that Holly Harry and skjerva didn't participate as well.  Would've been nice to know that I'm not the only one who had The Best of Youth and The Man Without a Past somewhere on the ballot.
"When in doubt, seduce."
                   -Elaine May

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #246 on: May 07, 2010, 04:31:47 PM »
Would've been nice to know that I'm not the only one who had...The Man Without a Past somewhere on the ballot.
Have it on my foreign ballot.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

Verite

• Elite Member
« Reply #247 on: May 07, 2010, 04:33:31 PM »
Would've been nice to know that I'm not the only one who had...The Man Without a Past somewhere on the ballot.
Have it on my foreign ballot.

Good, matt the awesome movie list maker.
"When in doubt, seduce."
                   -Elaine May

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #248 on: May 07, 2010, 04:34:36 PM »

I see that Holly Harry and skjerva didn't participate as well.  Would've been nice to know that I'm not the only one who had The Best of Youth and The Man Without a Past somewhere on the ballot.

I had The Man Without a Past on my ballot.  :)

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

Verite

• Elite Member
« Reply #249 on: May 07, 2010, 04:38:33 PM »

I had The Man Without a Past on my ballot.  :)

As a negative vote, right?  Or am I misremembering?
"When in doubt, seduce."
                   -Elaine May

love