love

Author Topic: Golf  (Read 25000 times)

michael x

• Elite Member
Golf
« on: April 08, 2010, 11:40:31 AM »
The Masters is upon us, signaling the true beginning of spring, and with it, the golf season. Anyone else a golfer?

The official Masters website has some quality live feeds for those interested. http://www.masters.com

Currently, Bernhard Langer is off to a hot start at -3 through 16, while Tiger Woods tees off at 1:42 local time.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Golf
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 11:42:02 AM »
The Masters is upon us, signaling the true beginning of spring, and with it, the golf season. Anyone else a golfer?

The official Masters website has some quality live feeds for those interested. http://www.masters.com

Currently, Bernhard Langer is off to a hot start at -3 through 16, while Tiger Woods tees off at 1:42 local time.

God I hope Tiger owns just to say CINECAST! you to all the stupid gossip hounds.

P.S. of course the master.com feed does not work in Canada!

Wilson

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 11:54:56 AM »
Stupid BBC won't be showing any live action (other than Amen Corner online) until 9pm; so I'll miss the first 2+ hours of Tiger's round unless Justin.tv cooperates.

Hope Tiger smashes the course.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 11:57:02 AM »
Stupid BBC won't be showing any live action (other than Amen Corner online) until 9pm; so I'll miss the first 2+ hours of Tiger's round unless Justin.tv cooperates.

Hope Tiger smashes the course.

its on justin right now

michael x

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 12:09:34 PM »
That's too bad that the feed doesn't work outside the U.S. I love the how the camera is pulled back to give a real sense of space, and how it holds on the player for a few extra seconds, reminiscent of what Herzog loves doing in interviews. You really get a feel for the player's mental state.

As far as Tiger, the sooner the gossip rags get over everything, the better. He's a joy to watch on the course, no matter what he does off it. My man is Els, though.

Hopefully we get an ending to rival last years: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Masters_Tournament#Final_round

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 01:09:53 PM »
Tom Watson is five under par?  Am I watching last year's coverage by mistake?

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

Monty

• Elite Member
  • "There is only one ball, so you need to have it."
    • TheMontyTweets
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 01:11:35 PM »

I'm a golfer. Just got the Callaway's out and started going to range again in the past few weeks.
Getting the practice in for the golf this year. The Designer of the Augusta course,
Dr MacKenzie has designed a number of courses close to me, Sitwell Park and Cavendish.

http://www.cavendishgolfclub.com/index.html

I haven't played Sitwell, but I always play the Cavendish Course few times each year.
It's not the longest of courses, a few of the fairways are quite tight,
but the greens are just awesome. It's very easy to three or four putt on the greens.

God I hope Tiger owns just to say CINECAST! you to all the stupid gossip hounds.

Oh God That's hilarious. Did anyone see The Daily Show sketch with Jason Jones. Again hilarious

"And then it just becomes an industry of...cool."

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 01:15:04 PM »

Oh God That's hilarious. Did anyone see The Daily Show sketch with Jason Jones. Again hilarious

My point is I could care less who he sleeps with. He could screw every person is sight and it makes no difference at all in terms of his golf legacy. I care about his golf and to that he is still the best ever by a wide margin.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 01:19:36 PM »
My point is I could care less who he sleeps with. He could screw every person is sight and it makes no difference at all in terms of his golf legacy. I care about his golf and to that he is still the best ever by a wide margin.

A wide margin?  Really?

Poor Ben Hogan.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 01:22:00 PM »

A wide margin?  Really?

Poor Ben Hogan.

pixote

The wide part is debatable. :D