love

Author Topic: Golf  (Read 24968 times)

michael x

• Elite Member
Re: Golf
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 01:43:37 PM »
The Masters is upon us, signaling the true beginning of spring, and with it, the golf season. Anyone else a golfer?

The official Masters website has some quality live feeds for those interested. http://www.masters.com

Currently, Bernhard Langer is off to a hot start at -3 through 16, while Tiger Woods tees off at 1:42 local time.

I'm a golfer. Just got the Callaway's out and started going to range again in the past few weeks.
Getting the practice in for the golf this year. The Designer of the Augusta course,
Dr MacKenzie has designed a number of courses close to me, Sitwell Park and Cavendish.

http://www.cavendishgolfclub.com/index.html

I haven't played Sitwell, but I always play the Cavendish Course few times each year.
It's not the longest of courses, a few of the fairways are quite tight,
but the greens are just awesome. It's very easy to three or four putt on the greens.

Looks like an awesome course. I've gotten away from playing as much in the past few years, but I'm hoping to clear the rust and get out on the course at least a few times this year. Being in western North Carolina means there are quite a few nice courses around.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 01:44:36 PM »
Sometime in my life I am going to volunteer at the Masters. Apparently if you volunteer for the week you get to play the course one time. :D

Monty

• Elite Member
  • "There is only one ball, so you need to have it."
    • TheMontyTweets
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 02:01:45 PM »

My point is I could care less who he sleeps with. He could screw every person is sight and it makes no difference at all in terms of his golf legacy. I care about his golf and to that he is still the best ever by a wide margin.

I couldn't agree with you more. His personal life is his business and he said as much in his public statement
a few weeks ago. I (along with my Brother & Uncle) had tickets for the Open at Birkdale in 2008,
just to follow Tiger on his round. We were gutted when he got injured and couldn't play.

The Daily Show sketch was pointing out the ridiculous number of Press etc who are at Augusta
hoping for a bit salacious gossip or hoping Tiger doesn't win. I hope he win by ten shots,
just to prove he's the best golfer out there by far. He won at Pebble Beach on one leg in 2008.

"And then it just becomes an industry of...cool."

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 02:07:17 PM »
He won at Pebble Beach on one leg in 2008.

This is still one of the most amazing feats in sports history imo.

Monty

• Elite Member
    • TheMontyTweets
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 02:10:41 PM »
Sometime in my life I am going to volunteer at the Masters. Apparently if you volunteer for the week you get to play the course one time. :D

Is it a members only course. Or can members of the public play there.
I'd be scared to take a divot. It's on the 'Things to do list' after a lottery win.
Augusta, Pebble Beach and Sawgrass (the 17th hole) awesome.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 02:12:30 PM »

Is it a members only course. Or can members of the public buy them.
I'd be scared to take a divot. It's on the 'Things to do list' after a lottery win.

The only way to play is to volunteer or be a member. The funny thing about Augusta is that it is insanely cheap to be a member. Something like 10k/year which by golf standard is really cheap. It's just impossible to get an invite!

« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 02:19:03 PM by Clovis8 »

Monty

• Elite Member
    • TheMontyTweets
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 02:18:31 PM »
The Masters is upon us, signaling the true beginning of spring, and with it, the golf season. Anyone else a golfer?

The official Masters website has some quality live feeds for those interested. http://www.masters.com

Currently, Bernhard Langer is off to a hot start at -3 through 16, while Tiger Woods tees off at 1:42 local time.

I'm a golfer. Just got the Callaway's out and started going to range again in the past few weeks.
Getting the practice in for the golf this year. The Designer of the Augusta course,
Dr MacKenzie has designed a number of courses close to me, Sitwell Park and Cavendish.

http://www.cavendishgolfclub.com/index.html

I haven't played Sitwell, but I always play the Cavendish Course few times each year.
It's not the longest of courses, a few of the fairways are quite tight,
but the greens are just awesome. It's very easy to three or four putt on the greens.

Looks like an awesome course. I've gotten away from playing as much in the past few years, but I'm hoping to clear the rust and get out on the course at least a few times this year. Being in western North Carolina means there are quite a few nice courses around.

michael are you near the Pinehurst Golf club?

joker

• Elite Member
  • CINECAST! off
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2010, 02:23:37 PM »
Go Tiger!!!
"This movie made me laugh so hard, I had mild headaches. So I went to the doctor to get checked out, I'm currently awaiting results"
-Gene Siskel

michael x

• Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 02:26:05 PM »

michael are you near the Pinehurst Golf club?

It's about 3 or 4 hours to the east. Once I get my game in shape I really want to visit it.

Monty

• Elite Member
    • TheMontyTweets
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 02:28:09 PM »

Is it a members only course. Or can members of the public buy them.

The only way to play is to volunteer or be a member. The funny thing about Augusta is that it is insanely cheap to be a member. Something like 10k/year which by golf standard is really cheap. It's just impossible to get an invite!

It's the same as Loch Lomond (£40k/year) then. Private golf courses like that shouldn't really have websites,
its just too much of a tease.

love