love

Author Topic: Golf  (Read 24971 times)

michael x

• Elite Member
Re: Golf
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 02:38:56 PM »
This Ryan Moore guy is dressed like an idiot.  :(  Wearing a tie is cool, but what is with that hat? Come on, man.

Westwood, Watson, Mickelson, and Yang are all in the clubhouse at -5. I expect the rain to hit at any time now.

Monty

• Elite Member
  • "There is only one ball, so you need to have it."
    • TheMontyTweets
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 03:33:52 PM »
Tiger at -2 and looking good.
Awesome shot just now. Draw under the tree branches onto the green.

"And then it just becomes an industry of...cool."

joker

• Elite Member
  • CINECAST! off
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 03:43:05 PM »
This Ryan Moore guy is dressed like an idiot.  :(  Wearing a tie is cool, but what is with that hat? Come on, man.

Westwood, Watson, Mickelson, and Yang are all in the clubhouse at -5. I expect the rain to hit at any time now.

"are you that stripper?"
"This movie made me laugh so hard, I had mild headaches. So I went to the doctor to get checked out, I'm currently awaiting results"
-Gene Siskel

michael x

• Elite Member
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2010, 06:25:32 PM »
So after 2 rounds, there are two Englishmen at the top of the leaderboard: Ian Poulter and Lee Westwood both at -8. Tiger Woods is right behind at -6 with another 4 players including Mickelson.

Looks like Tiger is back in form, and has to be at least even money against the field at this point. The forecast is warm and sunny here on out, so the greens will only get tougher.

Monty

• Elite Member
    • TheMontyTweets
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2010, 03:16:02 AM »
So after 2 rounds, there are two Englishmen at the top of the leaderboard: Ian Poulter and Lee Westwood both at -8. Tiger Woods is right behind at -6 with another 4 players including Mickelson.

Looks like Tiger is back in form, and has to be at least even money against the field at this point. The forecast is warm and sunny here on out, so the greens will only get tougher.

Poulter and Westwood are the only Englishmen/Brits we have there, all the rest have missed the cut.
They are paired together for the third round, so hopefully they inspire each other.
It would be great if one of the could win, the last winner was Faldo in 1996.
I will be rooting for Westwood, who lives in Worksop, close to Sheffield. Support the local player.

However, I feel it will be between Woods and Mickelson, both have mulitple wins at Augusta.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2010, 01:03:33 PM »
Wow some really bad golf by the early players. Let's hope the final pairings bring their A game.

GOOOOO TIGER!

Wilson

• Elite Member
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2010, 02:37:04 PM »
There's the start of the patented Westwood choke.  Expect him to drop another 2 shots in the next 5/6 holes.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2010, 02:41:07 PM »
woods choking SO HARD

Monty

• Elite Member
    • TheMontyTweets
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2010, 04:42:04 PM »
Anyone watching the US Open. Pity its clashed with the WC coverage.
Mickelson, Els and Woods all in the shake-up. Johnson the leader has just whiffed one, which pleases all amateurs players.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2010, 05:22:16 PM »
Johnson in the middle of epic meltdown that will go in the record books!