Author Topic: Rate the Last Movie You Didn't Watch  (Read 19111 times)

Terrazine

Re: Rate the Last Movie You Didn't Watch
« Reply #270 on: January 15, 2017, 12:32:26 AM »
Goosebumps

Saw some clips of it on YouTube. Man, this was lamer than the trailer made it seem. I think I would've been bored even if I was 7 years old, and considering the desensitization of kids this generation? lol Yeah, good luck at scaring any kid, Columbia. Even your '90s release of Men in Black was scarier than this. I hope they didn't release under the horror genre, as it would've been not only another black mark on the dying genre, but also inaccurate anyway. Should be under the "adventure" genre as there's nothing "horrifying" about this film.

Then again, the books weren't all that scary anyway. I looked up the live action TV series adaptation, and boy, that stuff is dated. I don't think I was technically frightened by that TV series or the books either. Hollywood schlock at its worst. I think I'd be more scared by Friday the 13th films or even Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Now, Are You Afraid of the Dark, that's another story...

don s.

• Elite Member
  • You had me at "Hello, here's $50."
    • my movie collection
« Reply #271 on: February 20, 2017, 07:56:23 PM »
Bitter Harvest (2017)

While there might be a valuable history lesson contained here, I just can't get past the fact that Gary Oliver is no Aleksei Dikij.

1 year plan out of 5
My TV ain't HD / that's too real

Jeff Schroeck

« Reply #272 on: May 09, 2017, 06:16:48 PM »
Norm Macdonald: Hitler's Dog, Gossip, & Trickery (Liz Plonka, 2017)

5/5. I can't imagine why I'd give it any less.