Author Topic: War of the worlds - Ending *spoilers*  (Read 7102 times)

mikemar

War of the worlds - Ending *spoilers*
« on: August 18, 2005, 06:10:34 AM »
I hear a lot of people talking about how they didn't like the ending and everything, but I had just read the book a few days before seeing it, and it was very true to the book.  I loved the movie and it added to it that they stayed true to the book.

The ending was the exact same ending as the book, w/ the germs killing the aliens, loved it.

Rogue

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 08:32:51 PM »
Even if that wasn't the case...what the hell was the film supposed to do? You establish that they are unstoppable and literally destroy the earth and then...what? Have Tom Cruise upload a virus to the mothership with a laptop?

I thought the ending was fine.

CSSCHNEIDER

• Elite Member
  • I Shoot Movies, Don't I?
    • http://csschneideraccounts.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 11:39:56 AM »
Its not the ending you guys are thinking of that makes people mad.  We all know that is from the book, except in the book much of the world is devestated.  In this, Tom Cruise lives to see his Exwife and inlaws, oh yeah then his son, who we all saw bite the dust, ome out.  Its that for this one person everything worked out ok, not that the aliens were killed by microbes.
Taste is discerning, not all encompassing.

It's Not What You're Like, It's What You Like

Know the Difference Between Arts and Crafts

"Pain is Temporary, Film is Forever..." --John Milius

Winner! BFCS Iconoclast Award 2007

Wilbert

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 06:10:43 AM »
I thought the ending was a little abrupt but fine.
What I did think was hilarious was the aliens weird plan. They arrived and started vapourising people. Then they started draining people of their blood and spraying it everywhere. Then they selected certain people to stick up their butts!
What kind of plan is this?
They had thousands of years to come up with a plan and this is the best they could do?
ou call yourself a salesman, you sonofabitch?

quitabandita

ending
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 08:46:19 AM »
the germs thing didn't bother me because i knew it was coming having listened to the radio version.  (stupid though it may be)

but the part that did bother me was that his wife & son were just fine, their brownstone untouched.  last time we saw the son he was running towards some major shit and we're supposed to believe he's all hunky dory sipping tea in boston?