Author Topic: Are Filmspotting Snubbing Animations?  (Read 5935 times)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
Re: Are Filmspotting Snubbing Animations?
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 03:50:29 PM »
I'm hoping Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs makes an appearance on Adam and Matty's top 20 of the decade lists.

What a great awesome movie. I'm kind of surprised it isn't Matty's favourite of all time by now.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 03:55:30 PM »
FANTASTIC MR. FOX, for about nearly half the people who saw it, the best animation of last year, MY favourite american film of last year (IB is a french film)

FMF won the filmspot for best film of '09 on these very forums, lest we forget.

It wasnt that good.

It really wasn't.

Better than The Wrestler. ;D

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 03:58:10 PM »
FANTASTIC MR. FOX, for about nearly half the people who saw it, the best animation of last year, MY favourite american film of last year (IB is a french film)

It wasnt that good.

It really wasn't.

Nope. Maybe about as good as The Wrestler.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

IDrinkYourMilkshake

• Elite Member
  • a souless automaton who can't feel any emotion
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 04:13:58 PM »

It wasnt that good.

It really wasn't.

Nope. Maybe about as good as The Wrestler.

The Fox beats The Lamb by a nose (or should that be tail?) for me. Neither would be in my top 25 for the decade, though. If they were premier league clubs they would be... Everton and Fulham. Respectively.
"What should have been an enjoyable 90 minutes of nubile, high-school flesh meeting a frenzy of blood-caked blades, becomes instead an exploitational and complex parable of the conflicting demands of agrarianism and artistry. I voted a miss."

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 08:37:06 PM »
Wes Anderson isn't very good, but Fantastic Mr. Fox is a spectacular film that plays to each and every one of what makes Wes a talented director.

IDrinkYourMilkshake

• Elite Member
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 03:18:25 AM »
It looked beautiful but it's up itself and doesnt really play to children which is a shame seeing as its based on a childrens book.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 03:21:03 AM by IDrinkYourMilkshake »
"What should have been an enjoyable 90 minutes of nubile, high-school flesh meeting a frenzy of blood-caked blades, becomes instead an exploitational and complex parable of the conflicting demands of agrarianism and artistry. I voted a miss."

FarfetchFilm

• never resist the unfamiliar.
    • The Film Tourist
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 12:19:56 AM »
Fantastic Mr. Fox was rigged for the win as far as i know, was told at the Melbourne Meet-Up

EVERYBODY, i'm talking about the show, this thread is also How to Train Your Dragon which everybody whose has posted is seemingly snubbing cause this is great, like Mr. Fox, not 'best films of the year', its number one in US, has anybody who's viewed this thread even, see it?

IDrinkYourMilkshake

• Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2010, 06:54:07 AM »
Fantastic Mr. Fox was rigged for the win as far as i know, was told at the Melbourne Meet-Up

I knew it!!! How else do you explain the frankly absurd nomination for Schwartzman for best support?

flieger

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2010, 07:07:39 AM »

Not rigged, divine synchronicity... and complicated maths that only pixote understands. (It was explained in chat.)

FarfetchFilm

• never resist the unfamiliar.
    • The Film Tourist
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2010, 01:40:04 AM »
yeah the academy of 'i-don't-know' should have nominated both Eric Chase Anderson & Jason Schwatzmann for Best Supporting Actor instead of Tucci or Damon.

Fantastic Mr. Fox, was it up for any filmspot for best score, its top 3 with Holmes & Informant!