I thought it might be fun to have a league where we guess the opening box office weekend for films.
Here is how it will work:
1) I will post one film each week (before Friday). It will be blockbusters sometimes and indies sometimes.
2) You guess the total weekend North American opening box office to the hundreds of thousands of dollars (e.g., 22,700,000)
3) You are scored on a plus/minus basis
You guess 22,700,000. The final box office is 24, 500,000.
24,500,000 - 22,700,000= 1,800,000
You weekly score will be 1,800,000
4) The winner at the end has the lowest
total (it's like golf).
5) I will put up some prizes just for fun (probably DVDs)
6) You dont have to play every week but to qualify for the prizes you must have played 80% of the weeks (however long we end up running it for)
7) I will update scores in this thread each week
First film opens April 24, 2010