Since I had so much fun with my original marathon
I'm raising the stakes for this one. And I've decided to offer a reward
1. I'm looking for films that opened in the U.S. between 2000 and 2009. I will also accept foreign films that went straight to DVD or have no U.S. release scheduled.
2. Post your recommendation, and state your case as to why I should consider it. (A link to your review would be helpful.)
3. I alone will decide if you've convinced me to watch the film (or watch it again). I encourage others to back-up suggestions with reply posts. The person whose opinion ultimately convinces me to see the film will get the credit. (I will be inclined to credit the original poster, but they might not be as convincing as someone who posts later.)
4. Once I agree to the film, it will go onto the main list alongside the Filmspotter receiving credit.
5. If a Filmspotter's recommendation cracks my Top 100, and ranks higher than all other contestants, your next DVD is on me. (Up to $30 U.S. in value.)
6. The 10 with no name are widely recommended by many and nobody in particular will get credit for them. They will be my picks.
7. I'm capping the marathon at 50 films.
8. I expect the list will be in place and the marathon will start in July. I may start sooner. Either way, enrollment will remain open to persuasion until I hit 50 films or complete the marathon.
Remember, it will be easier to recommend a film I haven't seen than one I saw but didn't love.
Good Luck. I look forward to your suggestions.