Author Topic: #300 Episode Help  (Read 4754 times)

Adam

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Filmspotting
Re: #300 Episode Help
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 04:57:14 PM »
Transcendental FS Moment: Grave of The Fireflies Review in the very first eipsode I listened to. Adam practically had to stop recording, at least that's how it felt to me. Anyone who cared that much about a film couldn't be all bad. And then months later I watched the film and  bawled uncontrollably for 20 minutes.

Mass-a-car Thee-at-er faves: Sam van Hallgren is Renee Zellwegger, Matty Ballgame is Joquin Phoenix (and Adam as Richard Harris is a nice turn too)
Renee Zellwegger... what movie?
Follow Filmspotting on Twitter at http://twitter.com/filmspotting

Listen to Filmspotting at https://www.filmspotting.net/ and on Chicago Public Radio (91.5 FM)

Tim

• Elite Member
  • Be excellent to each other
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 08:18:59 PM »
Who knows what tomorrow brings.........  ;D
"Only cinema narrows its concern down to its content, that is to its story. It should, instead, concern itself with its form, its structure." Peter Greenaway

Brett

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 08:59:34 PM »
I think this past episode's Damon vs. DiCaprio is an instant classic. Haven't been many arguments between Adam and Matty. I have my theories on that.

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 09:40:50 PM »
I think this past episode's Damon vs. DiCaprio is an instant classic.
Agreed! So much fun.

Bravoechonovember

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2010, 11:03:47 PM »
Have been looking for this outtake for a while, but I nearly crashed my bike with laughter a few weeks back when Matty sang this song about them being a couple pretentious movie critics.

Anyway, would make a classic opener or something.

Chico Valenca

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2010, 12:47:56 AM »
Hey, Adam....I registered with the board just to say that the 1st show I ever listened to was the time you Massacred Braveheart by running the dialogue through the Google Translator into another language (Japanese?) and back. That was the moment I knew I was hooked!

Monty

• Elite Member
  • "There is only one ball, so you need to have it."
    • TheMontyTweets
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2010, 06:21:43 AM »
Matty's 'I'm a pretty mellow chum....but i wanted to punch this movie in the face.'
That genius and needs to go on a t-shirt.

"And then it just becomes an industry of...cool."

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 11:29:29 AM »

With fronds like these...

• I'm on Twitter...
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 05:19:38 AM »
Transcendental FS Moment: Grave of The Fireflies Review in the very first eipsode I listened to. Adam practically had to stop recording, at least that's how it felt to me. Anyone who cared that much about a film couldn't be all bad. And then months later I watched the film and  bawled uncontrollably for 20 minutes.

Mass-a-car Thee-at-er faves: Sam van Hallgren is Renee Zellwegger, Matty Ballgame is Joquin Phoenix (and Adam as Richard Harris is a nice turn too)
Renee Zellwegger... what movie?

Filmspotting Massacre Theater Jerry Maguire

What do you want, my soul or something?
(I'm guessing it's "something")

Cirilia

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 07:51:41 AM »
I don't remember exactly when Maliya Obama's acting abilities first came up, but I do remember laughing a lot when it happened.

I think it was about Emile Hirsh playing a Vietnam vet in Woodstock!! I was walking at a local state park and laughed so hard I had to walk off into the woods to avoid drawing more attention to myself. Filmspotting convulsions, a vital part of any workout.