love

Author Topic: Justified  (Read 10514 times)

StudentOFilm

• Elite Member
Re: Justified
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2015, 09:16:25 PM »
Anyone catch the premiere? Bravo to Damon Herriman and his performance as Dewey Crowe. I'm going to miss his presence in these final episodes.
"Be yourself, unless you suck."- Joss Whedon

My Switchboard

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2015, 09:43:09 PM »
Anyone catch the premiere? Bravo to Damon Herriman and his performance as Dewey Crowe. I'm going to miss his presence in these final episodes.

The series seems back on track (didn't love last season) and headed for the showdown we all want to see.
Texan Down Under

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2015, 02:51:22 AM »
They are going out with a bang, I think.  First 2 eps have been really good viewing, setting up the ultimate conflict with Boyd and Raylan.  Plus, the baby girl as stakes is a really nice touch.
Texan Down Under

StudentOFilm

• Elite Member
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2015, 10:40:31 PM »
They are going out with a bang, I think.  First 2 eps have been really good viewing, setting up the ultimate conflict with Boyd and Raylan.  Plus, the baby girl as stakes is a really nice touch.

Ep 2 was a perfect example of your best Justified episode. It balances these done-in-one-stories with a larger narrative like no other show that I at least currently watch. Bravo to Graham Yost and co. And yes like Saltine said, this show is going out with a bang.

My Switchboard

dheaton

• Public Transportation Snob
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2015, 01:41:13 PM »
How are people liking this season now that we're getting further into it? I feel like the conflict between Raylan, Boyd, and the new big bads (Sam Elliott and Garret Dillahunt) is just getting rolling at this point.
My Film and TV Blog - ptsnob.com
Letterboxd Profile - ptsnob

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2015, 05:22:01 PM »
Ava (and the actress who plays her Joelle Carter) is doing a terrific job of keeping Boyd and Raylan on the hook.  The three of them are the heart of the show of course and Carter is bringing her A game playing against Olyphant and Goggins.
Texan Down Under

StudentOFilm

• Elite Member
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2015, 09:44:23 PM »
So far so good. The show is doing a great job of moving a variety of stories along while still keeping the focus on Raylan/Boyd/Ava even though new things come up each week. I'm curious what's going to happen with Elliott/Dillahunt's characters. I just watched last week's episode and that scene where the cell phone went off with Jake Busey... WHOA!

Just some random thoughts
-I think Raylan will have a happy ending. He'll get to go off to Florida to be with his wife and kid. As for Boyd and/or Ava, I think either one dies or both die.
-That being said... I'm actually surprised Ava is as scared of Boyd as she is at times ('scared' might not be the right word). I honestly think if Boyd found out there'd be a tense scene where he flips out on her, but I don't think he'd ever kill her. He'd feel hurt, but kill Ava... I doubt it.

My Switchboard

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2015, 05:03:10 PM »
So far so good. The show is doing a great job of moving a variety of stories along while still keeping the focus on Raylan/Boyd/Ava even though new things come up each week. I'm curious what's going to happen with Elliott/Dillahunt's characters. I just watched last week's episode and that scene where the cell phone went off with Jake Busey... WHOA!

Just some random thoughts
-I think Raylan will have a happy ending. He'll get to go off to Florida to be with his wife and kid. As for Boyd and/or Ava, I think either one dies or both die.
-That being said... I'm actually surprised Ava is as scared of Boyd as she is at times ('scared' might not be the right word). I honestly think if Boyd found out there'd be a tense scene where he flips out on her, but I don't think he'd ever kill her. He'd feel hurt, but kill Ava... I doubt it.

I knew that guy looked familiar! That might've been the funniest scene in all 6 seasons.

I actually keep expecting a bad ending for Raylan. I hope not though.

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2015, 08:22:22 AM »
The finale... hmmm.

jswysin

« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2015, 05:12:33 PM »
Didn't love the finale or even the final season (though it was a big step up from last year), but the final scene and especially the last two lines felt pretty perfect, all the more so for echoing the pilot episode and Fire in the Hole, the Elmore Leonard short the series is based on.

It wasn't the best show on tv but I'm going to miss Justified and am actually itching to revisit the second season, definitely the show at its peak.   

love