love

Author Topic: Best of the Decade: Best Films (10 days, 20 winners)  (Read 59639 times)

FarfetchFilm

• never resist the unfamiliar.
    • The Film Tourist
Re: Best of the Decade: Best Films (10 days, 20 winners)
« Reply #400 on: May 16, 2010, 04:44:11 AM »
are the final two the top two? wasn't told that...

I hope theres more Nolan or finally some Almodovar or Korea love, but i suspect two very goods film by rather sparse directors will conclude the list, either of which would make my 20/50, maybe my top 75 for the decade thats' In the Mood for Love & The New World, would still make for a great concesus list, minus Park/Almodovar maybe the 3th+4th best directors of the decade, is the 10 films between them too watered down...?

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #401 on: May 16, 2010, 08:52:02 AM »
The Departed
(Martin Scorsese, 2006)

Quote from: S. FroHam IV, Esq.
Man, what a movie. I really can't even consider this lesser Scorsese. It's too good for that. And upon rewatching I even like Nicholson a lot more. And Wahlberg needs to have more intense roles like this one.

Quote from: chardy999
I never get sick of this. Leonardo DiCarprio, among others, is fantastic and it just makes me more excited about Shutter Island. I want Scorsese to put him in everything he makes. But yeah, The Departed is perfect for me.

Quote from: Clovis8
This movie is so awesome. Another example of movies later hated for unknown reasons.

Quote from: Holly Harry
The Departed is FAR better than Infernal Affairs.

Quote from: lotr-sam0711
This is like the best performance you'll probably ever see from Matt Damon. I absolutely loved it. Then again I absolutely love everything about The Departed.

]

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #402 on: May 16, 2010, 08:56:48 AM »
Wow...now that's a pretty big surprise!   Smirnoff up early on a Sunday!   Or were you up late on a Saturday?!

I was pretty shocked to see The Departed on this list.  I've never seen it and had mostly forgotten about it.  Guess I have to finally catch up with it now, huh?
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #403 on: May 16, 2010, 09:03:46 AM »
Biggest surprise of them all.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #404 on: May 16, 2010, 09:05:32 AM »
Wow...now that's a pretty big surprise!   Smirnoff up early on a Sunday!   Or were you up late on a Saturday?!

I was pretty shocked to see The Departed on this list.  I've never seen it and had mostly forgotten about it.  Guess I have to finally catch up with it now, huh?

Up somewhat early, yeah. :)

Yeah, I can't believe this one made it. Didn't realize it was so well liked by so many.

Emiliana

• Elite Member
  • Life is a Cabaret!
« Reply #405 on: May 16, 2010, 09:09:33 AM »
Yes, this really is a surprise, but perfectly alright with me.  :)

12/19 for me at the moment, although I have to confess that two or three of these (not The Departed, though) were picks where my thinking went something like this: "Oh my god, it's 2 am, and I really need to finish my ballot and go to bed. Well, I can always throw Insert Title Here on the list, everybody loves that one and I kinda do, too, so yeah, that's what I'll do." It's not that I regret voting for some of these, per se, it's just that I am thinking that there must have been more films out there that I love with all my heart, and that I have forgotten.

Btw, smirnoff, I love that you are an early riser - I wasn't expecting the update yet :)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #406 on: May 16, 2010, 09:14:27 AM »
I couldn't keep you waiting on purpose. ;)

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #407 on: May 16, 2010, 09:44:32 AM »

No, ferris was joking, there is no ranking within the top 20.

Also, now 8/19 thanks to The Departed. So much fun.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #408 on: May 16, 2010, 09:50:54 AM »

No, ferris was joking, there is no ranking within the top 20.

Actually it was a typo...Darcy managed to sneak in and quote before I fixed it!  ( I rephrased it something like "last two of the twenty that are tied for first place" to emphasize the fact they aren't ranked!)

« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 09:52:51 AM by ferris »
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #409 on: May 16, 2010, 09:52:36 AM »
Man the 404 errors are crazy this morning
(switchboard)