Author Topic: I miss...  (Read 40816 times)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
Re: I miss...
« Reply #290 on: August 28, 2020, 12:18:01 PM »

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #291 on: July 28, 2021, 11:31:29 PM »
Eric/E.T.

You made some good points about the definition of art, but that's one of those can of worms topics I think we've all had too much of. Then getting in a tiff with our beloved Sandy (by far the kindest and most good-natured of all of us) didn't do you any favors. But please don't let one dust-up drive you away. In a very short time, you've become a valuable contributor to this community, and your presence is missed.

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #292 on: July 29, 2021, 02:03:36 AM »
Hear hear

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #293 on: July 29, 2021, 08:21:08 AM »
But never speak of art again!

JK, that was a passionate discussion. We have an abundance of passion here. A musical is being written, I have no doubt.

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #294 on: July 29, 2021, 12:03:03 PM »
Eric/E.T.

You made some good points about the definition of art, but that's one of those can of worms topics I think we've all had too much of. Then getting in a tiff with our beloved Sandy (by far the kindest and most good-natured of all of us) didn't do you any favors. But please don't let one dust-up drive you away. In a very short time, you've become a valuable contributor to this community, and your presence is missed.

Agreed - plus I need a movie buddy.
Hey, nice marmot!

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #295 on: August 05, 2021, 12:31:05 AM »
Wow, this is really nice. I did not plan to come back and post much tonight, but it's a (good) habit that is easy to fall back into.

Eric/E.T.

This definitely makes me feel happy and a bit sentimental. Sometimes, I can't read the room, and it's on me to be better at that. Or just to step back before things get too deep. Anyway, I'm moving forward, don't want to relitigate the past, honestly don't have the reserves right now to rehash a conversation that just didn't go well. You all are great people, about 24 hours after I "left", I knew that isn't what I wanted to do, but I needed a break to let things simmer down.

I'm nervous about going too far into current life experiences, because I don't want to seem like I'm fishing for sympathy. I have to have some hard conversations with the boss about where I'm at mentally/emotionally. I'm great in the classroom, but a wreck outside of it. I've been looking at potential life changes, including going back to school to change careers (counseling or a Ph. D in Education and a shift to working in academia are leading the pack), and moving back to Michigan to be closer to my family, where cousins I'm quite close with are having babies, and whenever I'm there with them I feel 100% better than I do here, alone. My dad not being here right now isn't helping, but it shouldn't be his job to make sure I'm stable enough to push through the next day. I turn 40 in January, and I have been self-sufficient since I was 18, so, c'mon. Anyway, that's the shit I was going through while I was failing to measure my words and make polite arguments here. So, like, thanks for not banning or exiling me. I hope I can be a net-positive here going forward, as you all individually and collectively are so good to me and for me.
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #296 on: August 05, 2021, 12:37:35 AM »
This forum has seen way way worse dust ups than that one, lol. Glad to have you back and best of luck in whatever path you decide to take.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #297 on: August 05, 2021, 12:43:48 AM »
Thanks, Bondo. :) Oh and I almost forgot to mention that Ollie, one of the two cats I've had since the summer of 2008, got out during a monsoon storm. I put out flyers offering a reward, and two nights later, someone called from two buildings down, saying they had him. I walked over, there he was! I was on the verge of a way worse breakdown, but Ollie is safe at home with his littermate Mila as they celebrate their 13-and-a-half birthdays.
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #298 on: August 18, 2021, 04:06:37 PM »
roujin. A real hero of the people.

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #299 on: August 21, 2021, 02:00:04 AM »