Author Topic: I miss...  (Read 40860 times)

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
Re: I miss...
« Reply #310 on: November 30, 2021, 11:32:28 AM »
I'm willing to give it a go.
Hey, nice marmot!

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #311 on: November 30, 2021, 04:29:06 PM »
I’d be more inclined if it was stepping up with Top 100 Club taking a pause.

Basil

• Godfather
  • Entrepreneur, spiritualist, healer.
« Reply #312 on: December 25, 2021, 10:34:32 PM »
Levon Helm.
A$AP Fables

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #313 on: December 26, 2021, 03:15:38 AM »
omg, Santa got my letter!

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #314 on: May 14, 2023, 08:20:23 PM »
I miss...
Whenever I watched a movie, I would always post some thoughts here. For me, it was a great benefit to be able to look a title up and remind myself of that initial reaction, which would often recall the entire experience. It's becoming common now that I will check that I watched a movie and I will have a rating for it on Letterboxd, but only a vague recollection of the experience.

However...
I am also not compulsively watching movies anymore, and I see that as a good thing. I have seen 27 movies in the past 30 days, which is still a lot but way down for me. Turns out there is more to do in life.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #315 on: May 14, 2023, 08:38:43 PM »
I’m down to about one film per week at this point and just rate on Letterboxd. Trying to do less screen time and more reading to kind of slow time.

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #316 on: May 14, 2023, 11:01:50 PM »
I miss...
Whenever I watched a movie, I would always post some thoughts here. For me, it was a great benefit to be able to look a title up and remind myself of that initial reaction, which would often recall the entire experience. It's becoming common now that I will check that I watched a movie and I will have a rating for it on Letterboxd, but only a vague recollection of the experience.

This is definitely me. I know that I will forget most of the movies I've seen lately, because I'm not going through that process of writing down my thoughts (and also depriving myself of anything but a numeric score to jog my memory). But also... I have the realization that it doesn't matter. Nothing in my life is dependent on remembering what I thought of a particular movie. And if it's something I really loved, I'd buy it so I could easily watch it again.

However...
I am also not compulsively watching movies anymore, and I see that as a good thing. I have seen 27 movies in the past 30 days, which is still a lot but way down for me. Turns out there is more to do in life.

I've been on a bit of a movie-watching spree lately, nowhere near what I was watching at my peak but quite a bit more active than I have been in recent years. I discovered an old watchlist of titles that weren't available to me at the time, and found that a bunch of them are now available. Lots of Anthony Asquith and Nobuhiko Obayashi.