Author Topic: Post a Pic of Yourself Here...Or Your Dog...Or Cat  (Read 415286 times)

Monty

• Elite Member
  • "There is only one ball, so you need to have it."
    • TheMontyTweets
Re: Post a Pic of Yourself Here...Or Your Dog...Or Cat
« Reply #3590 on: December 18, 2016, 03:12:56 PM »
She must be a well tempered dog. I hate it when my dad takes his dogs, or I take my cat to the vets, for an hour's journey. 13+ hours is quite a journey. I would be worried sick about the dog.

Also I think pets get settled into a home, when they know you are settled.

Big hugs for the dog :)

"And then it just becomes an industry of...cool."

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #3591 on: December 18, 2016, 03:31:27 PM »
She handled it very well, she didn't panic or make much a fuss when I arrived in Frankfurt.  No major accident in the cage either.  She is a bit nervous going on the train and in the station at the airport but she is getting use to it.  The weather gives her a lot more energy then she had in Singapore and we can easily take her everywhere.  She even was allowed to hit under the table in a Chinese and Vietnamese restaurant.  In a few weeks we likely to move her to UK but she probably going to stay at a friend's farm in Wales as I am not likely be able to take care of her starting out.
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #3592 on: December 18, 2016, 03:39:40 PM »
She's going to love the farm!

We have a blind friend who uses a service dog, sweetest animal ever.  When they travel, they take Leon (the dog) to a friend's farm and he gets to run around and be a dog dog for weeks.  Then when the blind friend comes to the farm to pick him up, he goes right back to being a service dog.

That dog is amazing.
Texan Down Under

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #3593 on: December 18, 2016, 03:50:06 PM »
Some dogs are really amazing.  Ours is just cute and sweet to all people though she can have issues with other dogs at times.  But looking forward to the first time she gets to see sheep
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #3594 on: December 18, 2016, 04:53:52 PM »
She'll herd.  Does she herd you? 
Texan Down Under

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #3595 on: December 19, 2016, 12:40:44 AM »
She often tries to control where I go, sometimes will try to grab my shorts and pull me in a different direction.  When walking in the park she will try to dictate which paths to go.  If I try to go in a different direction, she lies down.  But it is hard to fault her as she will always pull me towards the bar.

When I walk with my wife, she won't let us split up. My wife will stop to do Tia Chi and I will try to continue to walk but she just will refuse to go forward.  On my own, she will fight for where she wants to walk but I can still get my way and she will follow.  But if I am with my wife, I won't be able to walk her in a different direction than my wife

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #3596 on: December 19, 2016, 02:30:29 AM »
They are amazing dogs, that breeding cannot be overcome.
Texan Down Under

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #3597 on: December 25, 2016, 10:04:27 PM »
Rocking the new shirt:

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #3598 on: December 26, 2016, 10:09:07 AM »
Hi Sam! :)

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
Post a Pic of Your Cat
« Reply #3599 on: December 26, 2016, 11:48:38 AM »
Tribute to Cracker

Always aspired to be just like me.

Hated when we had to go out of town for work.

Rest In Peace, old friend.