Author Topic: Post a Pic of Yourself Here...Or Your Dog...Or Cat  (Read 415189 times)

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
Re: Post a Pic of Yourself Here...Or Your Dog...Or Cat
« Reply #650 on: February 27, 2008, 02:37:53 AM »
Your mountain view is not shabby either!  I'd die in all the cold and wet though.  Old bones, you know...

We are tripping in your neck of the great woods summer 2009.  We might cross paths, you never know.

Indeed - the mountains here are spectacular! But yes, the damp, cold is so much more chilling than the dry cold of say, the Midwest. Still, I love it! So glad you're making a trip here! Summers are fabulous. Where are you planning to go specifically? I hope you don't just stay in Seattle, but make some time to trek farther north - Mt. Baker and the San Juan Islands are worth it.  :) Vancouver, British Columbia is a very cool city, too.

This is a favorite Mt. Baker hike of ours (I'm on the right):

That picture is marvelous!

I'll be getting some travel info from you closer to summer 2009.  The reason we've been putting this trip off (for 5 years) is that we want to do everything in that area.  We've been as far north as Mt. Shasta only, but want to continue up the coast through Oregon and Washington State (especially the wine areas) and also see Glacier NP.  We'll be in your area for a month, probably.  So, yeah, you can give me some ideas.  Local knowledge is always the best!
Texan Down Under

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #651 on: February 27, 2008, 08:06:42 AM »
Saltine:  am I to understand that you spend 1/2 the year in Australia and the other 1/2 in the US?  That would be wickedly cool.

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #652 on: February 27, 2008, 10:01:25 AM »
I'll be getting some travel info from you closer to summer 2009.  The reason we've been putting this trip off (for 5 years) is that we want to do everything in that area.  We've been as far north as Mt. Shasta only, but want to continue up the coast through Oregon and Washington State (especially the wine areas) and also see Glacier NP.  We'll be in your area for a month, probably.  So, yeah, you can give me some ideas.  Local knowledge is always the best!

I'll be happy to help out in any way I can!  :)

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
  • World Phucking Champions.
    • Be my netflix friend
« Reply #653 on: February 27, 2008, 01:51:08 PM »
That looks like a great night!  Did the trivia have to be very very difficult for a bunch of film geeks?  Give us a sample question.  (Of course, we'll google, but we'll get the idea of the contest.)  Trivia is VERY popular in Australia.  There are quiz nights at the pubs, huge draw.

http://www.filmspotting.net/boards/index.php?topic=1732.30
So you decided Sunrise's special achievement was not actually a Best Picture co-win?
You're just jealous! Nobody loves you because you're tiny and made of meat!

https://twitter.com/thefaceboy

http://www.thereelists.com

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #654 on: February 27, 2008, 04:52:58 PM »
Saltine:  am I to understand that you spend 1/2 the year in Australia and the other 1/2 in the US?  That would be wickedly cool.

Yes, I'm a Texan married to an Aussie from Perth Western Australia so we have southern spring/summer in Perth and then northern spring/summer in Texas Hill Country each year, traveling in late March and late Sept each year.  I'm a lucky duck!
Texan Down Under

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #655 on: February 27, 2008, 05:49:21 PM »
Now *that* is the way to be a snowbird.  Too cool for school.  I'm beyond envious.

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
    • Be my netflix friend
« Reply #656 on: February 27, 2008, 06:03:07 PM »

Yes, I'm a Texan married to an Aussie from Perth Western Australia so we have southern spring/summer in Perth and then northern spring/summer in Texas Hill Country each year, traveling in late March and late Sept each year.  I'm a lucky duck!
Lucky you guys for not having jobs that hold you down geographically.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #657 on: February 27, 2008, 06:16:15 PM »

We're both retired, however, my husband is a software designer so he's still at it (at home) but now that business is for sale also.  We are beginning a new phase of life, full retirement!  Also, yes, we can have this lifestyle because of our employment flexibility.
Texan Down Under

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
    • Be my netflix friend
« Reply #658 on: February 27, 2008, 06:28:50 PM »

We're both retired, however, my husband is a software designer so he's still at it (at home) but now that business is for sale also.  We are beginning a new phase of life, full retirement!  Also, yes, we can have this lifestyle because of our employment flexibility.
As I said. If I were offered early retirement right now, I'd take it.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #659 on: February 27, 2008, 11:07:56 PM »
Great shot of Mount Baker oneaprilday. It's been on my hit list for so long, but I've still never hiked that particular area.