love

Author Topic: Is Matty on the Twitter?!  (Read 4794 times)

amyh

Is Matty on the Twitter?!
« on: July 05, 2010, 11:40:29 PM »
Is this the Matty Ballgame or a ruthless impostor?

http://twitter.com/mattyballgame

If it is the man himself, then it looks like he's renouncing his Luddite ways  :D

Moviebuff28

• Elite Member
Re: Is Matty on the Twitter?!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 10:06:42 PM »
does it have a verified by it?

amyh

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 12:44:44 AM »
Ah ha, very good point!

Had a look, doesn't say it's verified, but if it is an impostor, they're doing a pretty good job at impersonating  ;D

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 09:03:26 AM »
No offense, but it's Matty, not Emma Roberts or Demi Lovato or something. Even Rian Johnson doesn't have a verified mark on his account, but that's still him. Verified accounts, as I've encountered them, are generally for tens to hundreds of thousands of follower accounts belonging to nation and worldwide celebrities who tend to appear on large nationwide cable outlets.

Adam

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Filmspotting
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 09:41:22 AM »
No offense, but it's Matty, not Emma Roberts or Demi Lovato or something. Even Rian Johnson doesn't have a verified mark on his account, but that's still him. Verified accounts, as I've encountered them, are generally for tens to hundreds of thousands of follower accounts belonging to nation and worldwide celebrities who tend to appear on large nationwide cable outlets.
My guess is there was a little sarcasm intended in the above posts, fly. We get it, we're not celebrities.

Yes, it's Matty.
Follow Filmspotting on Twitter at http://twitter.com/filmspotting

Listen to Filmspotting at https://www.filmspotting.net/ and on Chicago Public Radio (91.5 FM)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 11:23:10 AM »
My guess is there was a little sarcasm intended in the above posts, fly. We get it, we're not celebrities.

Yes, it's Matty.

I see Adam has not yet become accustomed to the ways of the FLY.

Anyway, cool to see Matty on Twitter. Also, I hope everything is cool Adam, and hopefully you're ready to do the show soon.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 11:40:42 AM »
I don't see the sarcasm  ???

Either way, I mean no offense by it, you guys keep me entertained on a weekly basis, more so, I'm sure, than many of the 'celebrities' who twitter seeks verification from. Or I guess that's how the process works. Celebrity is all relative to an individual's perception anyhow, as far as I'm concerned you guys are more celebrities than Justin Beiber. Regardless, my point is that one should not put too much stock in the verified status on a twitter account, or the lack of verified status as the case may be.

Adam

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Filmspotting
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 12:41:21 PM »
I don't see the sarcasm  ???
Which is the beauty and horror of message boards.
Follow Filmspotting on Twitter at http://twitter.com/filmspotting

Listen to Filmspotting at https://www.filmspotting.net/ and on Chicago Public Radio (91.5 FM)

amyh

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 12:14:25 AM »
Which is the beauty and horror of message boards.

Indeed! Wasn't there a movement on the internet to get some sort of sarcasm signifier into everyday use? Whatever happened to that I wonder?

Anyhoo, I can confirm that my comments were said with tongue firmly in cheek  ;)

Moviebuff28

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 04:00:46 PM »
As Robin Hood, I now declare the use of green to be sarcasm.  Winter's Bone is the worst movie ever made.  I DECLARE GREEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNN TO BE SAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRCAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teal also works.

Transformers 2 was a near masterpiece.