Author Topic: I [Heart] Huckabees  (Read 9598 times)

Pink

Re: I [Heart] Huckabees
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2009, 01:28:20 PM »
Everyone doesn't hate this movie. Everyone just doesn't GET this movie.

I think it is false dichotomy to say you either like a film or you don't get it. It is also a slippery slope to sounding condescending and at the very least a pretty lame argument.

The only part I found sad, yet interesting, was when they played back to Jude Law all the times he told the tuna salad story.

Really liked that part, Jude sells that character well. Everything else....not so much.

Dellamorte Dellamore

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2010, 02:50:59 PM »
This film is brilliant.  Everyone I've ever come across who didn't appreciate the film were people I didn't respect in terms of film taste anyway.  The kind of people who were blown away by the screenwriting in Avatar are the kind of take issue with Huckabee's.  The first dozen times I watched this one it made my heart warmer.  I guess perhaps I super-identified with all the existential crisis, but I don't understand how anyone can't.  I think this may have been the film that turned on my love of the medium.  I love the score. I love the performances.  I love the cinematography.  The only thing I dislike about this film is why I have to inexplicably defend it as a solid piece of quirky art.

Alan Smithee

• Elite Member
    • http://cherrypicker.tumblr.com/
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2010, 05:23:41 AM »
I really liked it and the screenwriting but i remember it falling apart at some point.

tinyholidays

• Elite Member
  • It's a hard world for little things.
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2010, 08:11:37 AM »
I really liked it and the screenwriting but i remember it falling apart at some point.

I don't think it falls apart. I just think the wackiness quotient, which is at a fever pitch from the get-go, takes over, and you have to be along for the ride.