love

Author Topic: New post up at my blog! (my=any filmspotter who blogs)  (Read 289919 times)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
Re: New post up at my blog! (my=any filmspotter who blogs)
« Reply #810 on: March 28, 2011, 10:08:03 AM »
1SO brings a new One Strong Opinion: Warner Bros. Needs to Stop Making So Many Movies! at TheReelists

And check back later today for a new bi-weekly column from our good friend, edgar.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #813 on: March 28, 2011, 11:52:38 AM »
I start my quarterly installments of the year roundups by first looking at the Best Songs Of 2011 So Far over at Processed Grass

Awesome list FLY. I grinned when I saw I Never Learnt To Share on your list, and though I haven't done any listmaking for 2011 yet I'd say we share a number one. FREE EARL!
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #814 on: March 28, 2011, 07:19:43 PM »
Edgar is joining the team at TheReelists with a new bi-weekly column. Introducing The Remake Files. The first entry is The Bad Lieutenants. Come check it out.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #815 on: March 28, 2011, 07:29:41 PM »
I start my quarterly installments of the year roundups by first looking at the Best Songs Of 2011 So Far over at Processed Grass

Great hearing PJ Harvey again. Would love to read a defense of "Friday", in particular the lyrical content.

I, unfortunately, am not the man to provide such a defense. It's mostly on there because I haven't listened to Kurt Vile's CD and have a rule that does not allow the same artist to occupy more than one slot  :P But yeah, the song is totally fun, fun, fun, fun. It's just no Miranda Cosgrove.

Awesome list FLY. I grinned when I saw I Never Learnt To Share on your list, and though I haven't done any listmaking for 2011 yet I'd say we share a number one. FREE EARL!

Thank you, sir. James Blake is fantastic, I can't wait to see him at Pitchfork Fest. I think it's going to be hard to dethrone "Yonkers" but I suppose it's possible. I mean, Kanye theoretically has a CD coming out this year.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium

dheaton

• Public Transportation Snob
« Reply #818 on: March 29, 2011, 05:51:08 PM »
My Film and TV Blog - ptsnob.com
Letterboxd Profile - ptsnob

Monty

• Elite Member
  • "There is only one ball, so you need to have it."
    • TheMontyTweets
« Reply #819 on: March 29, 2011, 06:13:40 PM »
Having just seen The Proposition for the first time in the past few weeks, it will be a good, a very good movie which beat this in any marathon IMHO.

"And then it just becomes an industry of...cool."