Author Topic: Filmspotters' Top 100 Directors 2010 : Discussion & Suggestions  (Read 22529 times)

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
Re: Filmspotters' Top 100 Directors 2010 : Discussion & Suggestions
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2010, 04:24:31 PM »
People who don't put Malick on their lists can no longer be considered my friends.  :P
Except me, right?  Cause you need at least 1 of us and you can't get on without ol' 1SO

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2010, 04:48:41 PM »
People who don't put Malick on their lists can no longer be considered my friends.  :P

Days of Heaven is coming for tomorrow (though I might not get to it until early next week)...so maybe a miracle will happen.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2010, 05:33:22 PM »

Well, I've only seen two Malick and if more Malick is like Days of Heaven or better, then I would probably put him on my list.  But Badlands was kinda meh for me.  And if it doesn't happen, well then :P to you, too.  ;)
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2010, 09:51:05 PM »
Except me, right?  Cause you need at least 1 of us and you can't get on without ol' 1SO
I see us more as frienemies.  ;)

zarodinu

• Elite Member
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2010, 10:54:20 PM »

Well, I've only seen two Malick and if more Malick is like Days of Heaven or better, then I would probably put him on my list.  But Badlands was kinda meh for me.  And if it doesn't happen, well then :P to you, too.  ;)

Don't cave in to peer pressure oldboy.
I’ve lied to men who wear belts. I’ve lied to men who wear suspenders. But I’d never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both a belt and suspenders.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2010, 12:06:16 AM »

Don't cave in to peer pressure oldboy.

Never do.   :)

zarodinu

• Elite Member
« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2010, 11:35:14 PM »
This is difficult, how do you guys go about making the actual list?  Do you just brainstorm?  Use some kind of point system for good/great/masterpiece films? 
I’ve lied to men who wear belts. I’ve lied to men who wear suspenders. But I’d never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both a belt and suspenders.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2010, 11:42:07 PM »
As I said, I made up my list by asking a simple question:  If I knew a movie was made by a certain director, and nothing else, how enthusiastic would I be to see it?

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2010, 11:43:43 PM »
This is difficult, how do you guys go about making the actual list?  Do you just brainstorm?  Use some kind of point system for good/great/masterpiece films?  

Look at your top 100, directors with more than 1 film on the list might be a good starting point.

zarodinu

• Elite Member
« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2010, 11:50:06 PM »
My problem is deciding sequence, how do you decide who is #35 and who is #34?