love

Author Topic: 3rd Annual Filmspotters Top 100 - Comments  (Read 79646 times)

chardy999

• Elite Member
Re: The 3rd Annual Filmspotters Top 100 - Comments thread
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2010, 07:50:04 AM »
It's very close. It could happen in the second draft even :)

:D ;D :D ;D :D
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
- Groucho Marx

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2010, 09:32:51 AM »
Even if it was written and filmed as one movie and not split up until after all that for marketing?

Yep, as far as I am concerned, whatever the reason may be it was released as one film, and thus it is one film. That's the same reason that I won't view Grindhouse as two separate films, it was released as one, doesn't matter to me that they have tried to change that after it made no money in the theaters.

The two Grindhouse films are completely separate entities. Different scripts, different directors, different sets of credits, etc. That I do consider two films. Kill Bill is one continuous story that is intended as ONE continuous story. I hear what you are saying, but you are just wrong.

Switch wrong with right, and you are on to something.  ;)

actually, yr both wrong.  Grindhouse is 3 films.

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2010, 10:07:46 AM »
Even if it was written and filmed as one movie and not split up until after all that for marketing?

Yep, as far as I am concerned, whatever the reason may be it was released as one film, and thus it is one film. That's the same reason that I won't view Grindhouse as two separate films, it was released as one, doesn't matter to me that they have tried to change that after it made no money in the theaters.

The two Grindhouse films are completely separate entities. Different scripts, different directors, different sets of credits, etc. That I do consider two films. Kill Bill is one continuous story that is intended as ONE continuous story. I hear what you are saying, but you are just wrong.

Switch wrong with right, and you are on to something.  ;)

actually, yr both wrong.  Grindhouse is 3 films.

You mean the trailers in between. :P

Wilson

• Elite Member
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2010, 10:20:16 AM »
Keith is right, Grindhouse is 3 films.  Last year votes for Grindhouse, Death Proof and Planet Terror were all accepted.  Kill Bill, as last year, seperate movies.

As for movie series like LotR, Star Wars, etc etc, they'll obviously be counted as seperate movies.  Anything listed as a mini series or tv series on imdb will not be eligible, so please don't waste your votes on Decalog or The Wire.  The Red Riding trilogy, although made for TV, aren't listed as such on imdb and thus are eligible, but as seperate entities.

TV movies also eligible.

I think that clears up most of the issues?

Jared

• Elite Member
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2010, 10:30:33 AM »
going through my old spreadsheet and have 100 films on my list. Problem is, Ive only gotten to the letter "L". Going to have to do a lot of trimming...

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2010, 10:32:11 AM »
Keith is right, Grindhouse is 3 films.  Last year votes for Grindhouse, Death Proof and Planet Terror were all accepted.  Kill Bill, as last year, seperate movies.

As for movie series like LotR, Star Wars, etc etc, they'll obviously be counted as seperate movies.  Anything listed as a mini series or tv series on imdb will not be eligible, so please don't waste your votes on Decalog or The Wire.  The Red Riding trilogy, although made for TV, aren't listed as such on imdb and thus are eligible, but as seperate entities.

TV movies also eligible.

I think that clears up most of the issues?

How about short films? I see a lot of people with La Jetee in their top 100.

Wilson

• Elite Member
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2010, 10:40:05 AM »
Shorts are eligible.

Mr C

« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2010, 10:54:46 AM »
Posted a list in the Top 100 thread but they weren't in any particular preference. Will need to rethink and resubmit before the deadline. Don't seem to get to watch much these days but will try and cover some obvious gaps in the meantime.
Let's do some wholesome DVD spanking.

Jared

• Elite Member
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2010, 11:00:16 AM »
Is Dog Star Man considered a bunch of short films or one feature length....? Most lists i see call it one thing (TSPDT, 1001MTSBYD), but IMDb breaks it down (likely because the portions were released in seperate years).

sdedalus

• Objectively Awesome
  • I have a prestigious blog, sir!
    • The End of Cinema
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2010, 11:40:38 AM »
I'd say Dog Star Man (and Histoire(s) du cinema, which I'll again be the only person voting for) should be counted as one film.
The End of Cinema

Seattle Screen Scene

"He was some kind of a man. What does it matter what you say about people?"

love