Author Topic: Filmspotters Top 100 Nominees/Promotion Thread  (Read 18495 times)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
Re: Filmspotters Top 100 Nominees/Promotion Thread
« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2010, 07:34:26 AM »
smirnoff: Another Woman
fwiw, I actually rewatched it since it made my top 100. While I still liked it, it won't be on my list this year.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2010, 07:49:50 AM »
I'm having trouble measuring the more grim movies like The Dark Knight and Munich with lighter themed movies like Wall-E and Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Also, my list has like zero classics on it. As I previously posted (a post which I'll use to my defense! ;)) the movies that are more personal (not always the best "made") for me are ones in recent years that many don't hold in as high regard as I do. Examples off my top 100 include Finding Neverland and Mystic River, two films I'd call beautifully executed. Yet people love to tear them a new ass.

I'd never put Wall-E in the lighter themed category myself.

Mystic River will just miss my list, but Finding Neverland will make my list, it's in my top 10.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2010, 08:50:18 AM »
Also, my list has like zero classics on it. As I previously posted (a post which I'll use to my defense! ;)) the movies that are more personal (not always the best "made") for me are ones in recent years that many don't hold in as high regard as I do. Examples off my top 100 include Finding Neverland and Mystic River, two films I'd call beautifully executed. Yet people love to tear them a new ass.

I don't have either of those two on my list but I'm definitely with you about newer films generally being more personal. 90% of my films are 90s/00s.

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2010, 09:56:43 AM »

frantastical

« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2010, 08:33:10 PM »
I would LOVE to see The Red Shoes make the Top 100 this year.  I hadn't seen it last year, but it will definitely make my list this time around.  Great, great stuff.

Corndog

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2010, 10:36:35 PM »
I would like to take this opportunity to plug the Presenting Filmspotters Favorite Films Thread
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

Beavermoose

• Elite Member
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2010, 10:28:39 AM »
I would LOVE to see The Red Shoes make the Top 100 this year.  I hadn't seen it last year, but it will definitely make my list this time around.  Great, great stuff.

I'll be watching it with the filmspotting marathon within the next few months so it won't make the list.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2010, 02:13:04 PM »
Klute is well known and highly regarded by my generation and older.  I didn't like it at all.  The mystery is completely stepped on in favor of a character piece.  Instead I highly suggest more people watch They Shoot Horses, Don't They?
Must See  |  Should See  |  Good  |  Mixed  |  Bad

StudentOFilm

• Elite Member
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2010, 02:16:47 PM »
Is Klute well-known/ well-regarded?

Klute didn't make my list

It's the first in Alan J. Pakula's paranoia themed trilogy that continues in The Parallax View and concludes in All the President's Men. All the President's Men made my list and Alan J. Pakula will be on my Top 100 directors when that comes around.

Jane Fonda has to be one of my favorite actresses from that era because of They Shoot Horses Don't They?, Klute, Coming Home, and The China Syndrome.
"Be yourself, unless you suck."- Joss Whedon

My Switchboard

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • A Monkey with a Gun
    • Creative Criticism
« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2010, 02:22:05 PM »
What about Barbarella?