love

Author Topic: Filmspotters Top 100 Nominees/Promotion Thread  (Read 35863 times)

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
Re: Filmspotters Top 100 Nominees/Promotion Thread
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2010, 10:36:35 PM »
I would like to take this opportunity to plug the Presenting Filmspotters Favorite Films Thread
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

flieger

« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2010, 05:48:07 AM »
I need an official duder Top 100.   :-*

(and Holly Harry, too)

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2010, 10:28:39 AM »
I would LOVE to see The Red Shoes make the Top 100 this year.  I hadn't seen it last year, but it will definitely make my list this time around.  Great, great stuff.

I'll be watching it with the filmspotting marathon within the next few months so it won't make the list.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2010, 02:13:04 PM »
Klute is well known and highly regarded by my generation and older.  I didn't like it at all.  The mystery is completely stepped on in favor of a character piece.  Instead I highly suggest more people watch They Shoot Horses, Don't They?

StudentOFilm

• Elite Member
« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2010, 02:16:47 PM »
Is Klute well-known/ well-regarded?

Klute didn't make my list

It's the first in Alan J. Pakula's paranoia themed trilogy that continues in The Parallax View and concludes in All the President's Men. All the President's Men made my list and Alan J. Pakula will be on my Top 100 directors when that comes around.

Jane Fonda has to be one of my favorite actresses from that era because of They Shoot Horses Don't They?, Klute, Coming Home, and The China Syndrome.
"Be yourself, unless you suck."- Joss Whedon

My Switchboard

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2010, 02:22:05 PM »
What about Barbarella?

zarodinu

• Elite Member
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2010, 02:26:20 PM »
An absolutely amazing film that never gets mentioned here is Wages of Fear.  Its about four desperate South American drifters who are hired to transport two truckloads of volatile explosives across hundreds of miles of South American road.  Its very suspenseful and a great character study, its Instantwatchable on netflix, so be sure to check it out. 

I’ve lied to men who wear belts. I’ve lied to men who wear suspenders. But I’d never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both a belt and suspenders.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2010, 02:31:10 PM »
An absolutely amazing film that never gets mentioned here is Wages of Fear.  Its about four desperate South American drifters who are hired to transport two truckloads of volatile explosives across hundreds of miles of South American road.  Its very suspenseful and a great character study, its Instantwatchable on netflix, so be sure to check it out. 
Yea, it's another I need to check out this month.

Verite

• Elite Member
  • Maybach School of Film Studies
« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2010, 02:42:24 PM »
An absolutely amazing film that never gets mentioned here is Wages of Fear.

Five Filmspotters had it on their ballots last year.  Not too many votes, but it's something.  Hopefully it gets more than that this year.
"When in doubt, seduce."
                   -Elaine May

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2010, 02:48:38 PM »
I think sam will love it.  I've seen both versions.  The longer cut is better, but the film really takes off for me once the mission begins.  Until then it's just okay.  Won't be making my Top 100, but it does deserve a bigger following.