Author Topic: I just need to whimper  (Read 71988 times)

lise

• Elite Member
I just need to whimper
« on: October 17, 2006, 03:29:02 PM »
I had to buy a new computer today... because my old one is now a very expensive paper weight. whhhaaaahhhhh! I'm not upset about buying the new computer, although I hadn't budgeted for it, I'm bummed because I had not yet fully backed up my music library or deauthorized the computer.

On the other hand I am now the proud owner of a macbook pro. Its all pretty and stuff.
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

alexarch

• Godfather
I just need to whimper
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 03:41:22 PM »
Yay! New things.  New, pretty, glossy, silvery things.  Was your dead computer an Apple?

As I said, we just switched, and I love having my new shiny white iMac sitting sleekly on top of our new zebra wood and stainless steel desk flanked by two white PVC Herman-Miller knock-off office chairs.  We feel so urban and beautiful.

Wowser

• Elite Member
I just need to whimper
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 04:15:36 PM »

lise

• Elite Member
I just need to whimper
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 04:38:52 PM »
My old computer was a powerbook g4 that I got about 3 years ago. About 2.5 years ago I moved my chair only to discover that the powercord was wrapped around the chair leg. Apparently the place I took it to be repaired did a crap job. Recently my hard drive started making sounds better suited for a wild animal park, and yesterday it went kablooeeyy.

I had a pc before that, but I work a lot in unix and that just got to be annoying as hell.

I love my shiny silver new laptop... but I hate spending gobs of money when I didn't plan on it. Let my pain and tears be a lesson, backup backup backup!!!
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

Wowser

• Elite Member
I just need to whimper
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 04:42:07 PM »
Was it an (I'd like a new computer now..) "accident"?

alexarch

• Godfather
I just need to whimper
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 04:45:32 PM »
Quote from: "wowser"
You're as bad as the terrorists, Alex!  :D
My god, how I love unbridled ignorance.

Wowser

• Elite Member
I just need to whimper
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 04:47:42 PM »
Scarily, though a satrirical blog, it's not far off the genuine far-right blogs out there.

alexarch

• Godfather
I just need to whimper
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 04:50:17 PM »
Scarily, though a satrirical blog, it's not far off the genuine far-right blogs out there.
Thank God it's satirical.  They need to say so.  Like you said, it's so close to websites like Got Hates Fags, Got Hates America, and Got Hates [fill in the blank] that one is easily confused.

lise

• Elite Member
I just need to whimper
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 05:35:19 PM »
Was it an (I'd like a new computer now..) "accident"?

nope- I would have been better at making sure I didn't lose stuff if it had been. That and the accident that caused my pain and suffering was actually about 2 years ago. :( Regardless of whether the fall caused the disk error, they will use the excuse that it did.

Katebo

• Elite Member
  • Shiny!
    • Sound on Sight TV
I just need to whimper
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 05:39:24 PM »
Sorry about your computer woes, lise. I had a harddrive die on me last year, causing me to lose 10,000 music files (I'd lost my cd case, which I actually just found a week ago- yay!), so I feel your pain. At least you've got a pretty new computer? Just don't think about the whole it-costing-money thing. :)

love