love

Author Topic: I just need to whimper  (Read 193890 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Re: I just need to whimper
« Reply #2230 on: December 14, 2020, 10:58:05 PM »
I've got the nasal pillows. Right now it's just the general discomfort of wearing the headgear. Also sometimes the headgear ends up irritating my skin so much it gets sore and I have to take it off because we're in the cold season and my skin dries out quickly. I probably need to look into some kind of moisturizer.

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #2231 on: December 14, 2020, 11:08:25 PM »
Sounds like a plan. You might also try a humidifier in the room. Is it too tight? You don't want it too loose, but I've often found they tighten up the headgear a little too much.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2232 on: December 16, 2020, 01:48:37 PM »
Let's keep this train rolling! Just got let go from my job in the middle of a workday!  :-\

This did not come as a surprise at all to me. It was clear early on I got hired for work that either did not exist or was not getting funneled to me in an efficient manner. After a little over a month working there I got shifted from tech support into sales, which was a bit busier but not by much. Did my best to do the work I got but I seemed to have less and less to do each week.

The silver lining is I have time off for the holidays now! Happy holidays, everyone!  ;D

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #2233 on: December 16, 2020, 02:21:54 PM »
Well at least you're looking at the bright side! Sorry to hear that though and hopefully 2021 will bring along better prospects!
"What do you want me to do draw you a picture?! Spell it out?! Don't ever ask me, as long as you live don't ever ask me more!"

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #2234 on: December 16, 2020, 04:23:49 PM »
That is a pain. How long a hiatus does the job market take at Christmas? Here is does not return to normal levels until Feb.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2235 on: April 12, 2021, 10:41:05 PM »
Gluten heard I was talking crap and decided to inflict me today. I have celiac disease so I've been in constant pain, thrown up three times and other things I won't mention here. It was a pizza I got that was supposed to have cauliflower crust but it has wheat instead. I noticed it tasted different but kept eating. Big mistake.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #2236 on: April 12, 2021, 11:14:16 PM »
Yikes, how did they mess up the pizza, was it store bought or restaurant bought?
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2237 on: April 13, 2021, 08:16:22 AM »
Restaurant bought. I told them cauliflower crust and it said it was on the receipt. That was not the case.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #2238 on: April 14, 2021, 09:52:22 AM »
Ugh.  Sorry you had to deal with that.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #2239 on: April 14, 2021, 10:31:26 PM »
Sorry to hear that, Sam.

I just saw the preview for the show "Cooked" on Netflix and one of the chef's said, "When someone says you shouldn't eat gluten, I say. Prove it!" What a dufus. Just because he may not react to gluten, doesn't mean a thing.

love